Liquid cooling for everyone

Markus64

Re: Liquid cooling for everyone

Postby Markus64 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:15 am

The higher the printing temperatures, the more the poor cooling of the hot ends and the extruder motors becomes apparent.

Johnz

Postby Johnz » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:42 pm

I'm also seriously considering this mod. I've made a half dozen requests for quotes on the water block. (I'm in the US) I used the Heat Exchanger v21 step file. I'm too new in the group for my PM function to be enabled. So I'd like to thank Markus64 for the tutorial work and the files he has provided, along with the others that have shared their variant on the modification.

I fall firmly in the 'this hotend assembly should have been built differently' camp and I'm fine with that because the rest of the printer is pretty good. It's not my first printer so I'm familiar with fabrication for modification. I still have and use both my Replicator I and II of which both are heavily modded.

I'll be going to order a pair of water blocks and see how the quality is and how just the hardware up to the pump is acquisitioned price-wise. I was surprised at the twenty-unit price for the water blocks. What I'm getting here, with the okay from Markus64, is to possibly kit the parts up to the pump for our US crowd. Seems the pump and radiator are common, plentiful, and adaptable enough to allow for a personal preference, appearance, or flair for one's own build style.

Give me a shout if there is any interest.

ho-okipa

Postby ho-okipa » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:30 pm

it’s there, the installation works. I added 2 temperature sensors and modified the flow indicator systems.
I also changed the cable chain and its support. Now all I have to do is run the pipes through the cover and make parts to wrap the pipes around the nozzles.
The heat exchangers are very inspired by the Markus model, thanks to him.

DirkH

Postby DirkH » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:49 am

The heat exchanges cost 70 Euros + tax and transport, if at least 4 pieces are ordered. The payment has to be in advance. Is there anybody from Europe willing to order them together with me?

Markus64

Postby Markus64 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:22 am

DirkH wrote:The heat exchanges cost 70 Euros + tax and transport, if at least 4 pieces are ordered. The payment has to be in advance. Is there anybody from Europe willing to order them together with me?

Hi Dirk, I recommend you keep the second sentence as a reserve. So did I too. With this type of custom-made product, this makes a lot of sense. ;)

JBrandtner

Postby JBrandtner » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:39 pm

@DirkH: I sent yoa a PM, I have a set of spares here in Munich....

Ufly2

Postby Ufly2 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:46 pm

Excellent thread, looking forward to the machine becoming reliable again.

JBrandtner

Postby JBrandtner » Sat May 01, 2021 10:58 am

What takes a long time is finally good ☺️
My "printer corner" is finally there
Raise3D Pro2 with water cooling for heat breaks and extruder motors, magnetic component fans and the Z-support for the energy chain.
Print results have never been so homogeneous and 50h prints over 240 ° are finally standard!
The money and the effort were worth it, even if I have to say that at the price it is an outrage that you have to lend a hand yourself in order to be able to work properly.
Thanks to Markus64 and everyone else from the official Raise3D forum!
Attachments
IMG_20210501_115754.jpg
IMG_20210501_115741.jpg
IMG_20210501_115717.jpg
IMG_20210501_123014.jpg

Kurtyard

Postby Kurtyard » Tue May 18, 2021 7:07 am

Well done, looks tidy up! After introduction of all countermeasures my Raise is a bit boring - it just prints...

Flole

Postby Flole » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:35 pm

Does anybody in Europe (or even better in Germany) still have a set of the extruder coolers?

Markus64

Postby Markus64 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:36 am

Hi guys,
you all did a great job with your conversions. The reward for all the effort is a better Pro2 than the one delivered from the factory. I generally recommend keeping two heat exchangers as a reserve. If the structure does show microcracks, you have a quick replacement and do not risk downtime. The 70, - € per piece here is a first-class price and consider that every heat exchanger is a custom-made product that you cannot get on every street corner.

I look forward to many more positive reports about your conversions! :D

Sam S

Postby Sam S » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:44 pm

...I'll be going to order a pair of water blocks and see how the quality is and how just the hardware up to the pump is acquisitioned price-wise. I was surprised at the twenty-unit price for the water blocks. What I'm getting here, with the okay from Markus64, is to possibly kit the parts up to the pump for our US crowd. Seems the pump and radiator are common, plentiful, and adaptable enough to allow for a personal preference, appearance, or flair for one's own build style.

Give me a shout if there is any interest.

Johnz, is the offer still available for a parts kit or at least the possibility of a bulk order with you?
I am brand new to the Raise 3d Community and own two Pro2 printers. I am/was very discouraged when my printers started having serious heat creep issues within a couple of months of purchase. So needless to say I am very happy to see this thread.
Can someone please provide me with the a link to the files since the links earlier in the thread end in a 404 error.

Thanks to Markkus64 for starting this and all of the hard work from everyone!

Return to “Pro2 Series”