Nozzle cleaning

devmailboxlive

Nozzle cleaning

Postby devmailboxlive » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Is there a maintenance guide or some other recommended resources on how to clean up a nozzle?

I'm suspecting that the issue I'm seeing (deformations on one side of the print all the time when printing with the right nozzle
https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20202) may be indicated a partially clogged nozzle.

I'm thinking I should attempt to remove the nozzle and clean it somehow. But I've never done it before. I don't suppose I can use a needle and try to clean the nozzle with a needle? Mine is standard nozzle (0.4mm) that came with the printer.

Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Markus64

Re: Nozzle cleaning

Postby Markus64 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:23 am

I remove such nozzles and burn them out with a Bunsen burner. The filament burns almost completely, if there are any remains in the nozzle, you can carefully remove them with a pipe cleaner. You can also put them in acetone after they burn out and clean them after about an hour. I then polish with a soft brass breast and the nozzle looks like new. You can find a lot of tools on Amazon or eBay to clean the nozzle opening. I wish good luck!

mdana

Re: Nozzle cleaning

Postby mdana » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:05 am

I’ve never had any issues with the nozzle itself clogging. Typically, clogs or jams are due to heat creep above the heat break or if the nozzle wasn’t installed correctly (not hot tightened against the heat break).

Return to “Pro2 Series”