Random switching between hotends.

jlmilford

Random switching between hotends.

Postby jlmilford » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:02 pm

During prints that are more than 2 inches tall ( on a pro2 +) a problem occurs where the nozzle switching bugs out and it randomly switches nozzles rapidly jittering between them. However the extrusion does not stop or switch. It continues printing from the correct nozzle. This is happening when I’m printing only with one nozzle.

I believe it’s a connection in the cable at the board on the head. None of the wires are tight or restricted in any way. At the exit from the cable chain.

If I fiddle with them it stops for a bit but ultimately ends up returning.

Can anyone tell me which wires are for the switching control?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Random switching between hotends.

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:17 am

Please check which version of the firmware you are using. There was a very old version of firmware having some bugs in nozzle jogging.
And please check the red orange cable from the sensor and see whether it looks loose on either end of it.

jlmilford

Postby jlmilford » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Version 1.1.0.1021
The firmware is. 0-0-66

As for the red orange wire... I’m pretty color blind.. is it the cable with 3 wires that runs all the way down to the bottom of the extruded assembly? I added a pic for confirmation. Looks like a rubber boot at the end. It doesn’t seem loose, nor tight.
915C1033-AA6B-49B6-BEDD-C951DA43FBAA.jpeg
Attachments
1EC71409-CAD3-4232-8FD3-B447A9F8651E.jpeg

jlmilford

Postby jlmilford » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Now I’ve started getting a serial error for temp too high. Forcing me to restart it. Then just faulting again!?

These are things that happened before not to long ago...! And I replaced the control board and extruded breakout board.

Please tell me that they are not going out yet again! It doesn’t ever seem to have the ability to print more than 3” high with out some hardware issue. It doesn’t really get used much so I’m having problems understanding what the issue?

I’m getting tired of sticking 2-3 tall inch parts together to get things a pro2+ with a printing depth of 600mm!

3 pics, 3 attempts. First two stopped due to the nozzle switch , the first of those I left and it just kept printing with the nozzle raised leaving a plastic bush. The second I had to pay attention and caught it starting to jitter switch. But had to end it due to inability to get it to print.

The third pic is of it still in the printer hoping I can get it to continue.. but it started to error with temp now each time I continue it. Goes to 320 degrees.
It printing ABS , at 30mm/s , on the “high quality setting”. So each one of those attempts is about 10 hours.

image.jpg
Switching issue
image.jpg
Switching issue
image.jpg
Temp fault

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:50 pm

Yes, the orang red cable is connecting the logic board with with servo. Please disconnect both sides of this cable from servo and board and reconnect it back and see whether the issue will go or not.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:52 pm

About temperature issue, try heat the nozzles up when the printer is idle and move the extruder around and see whether the temperature changes or not. This can be complicated issue, as there are a few cables and board will affect the temperature feedback. It will be better to do further diagonise directly through our tehnicians at http://help.raise3d.com or support from your supplier.

jlmilford

Postby jlmilford » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:02 pm

thanks for info!

one question... Does the end of the red orange cable that attaches to the servo just pull out from the side? Or do i need to disassemble the extruder assembly to unplug it?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:49 am

The end of the cable is in the back of the run-Out sensor. Would suggest you to open the back cover of the run-out sensor and check the connector from the cable on the board first. If it looks fine or if the issue still happens after reconnecting this cable on board, it will be highly likely some where on the cable shorted. You may need to consider to swap it out.

jlmilford

Postby jlmilford » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:50 pm

Well I thought all went well, and it did for 8 hours..

Then again the "Board Error Temp Sensor Error, Check Hardware, Go to Temp Task To continue TasK" After 2 or so inches up?

I checked the screw terminals on the board for the extruder assembly connections, they were tight.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:32 pm

The Error message shows that the issue is related to temperature feedback. It can be thermcouplers, extruder board or ribbon cable. I would recommend you contact our technicians for further diagonise at http://help.raise3d.com.

Lardh

Postby Lardh » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:36 pm

Hi!

I have the same printer and the same problem as you @jlmilford

Did you manage to work it out?

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:57 am

can you describe what your hot ends are doing on your printer as the issue may be different than what was reported here?

mdana

Postby mdana » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:30 pm

We have the same problem with our Pro2 Plus and just run it as a single extruder with the cable removed.

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:33 am

Thank you for the update. Can I have you plug back in the servo and then heat both hot ends up to 180c and then extrude material out of the right hot end to cause the right hot end to activate and lower. Once you have done this can you look at the back of the runout sensor where the servo plugs in and can you let me know if you see a blue light?

Return to “Pro2 Series”