Head covered with plastic

Oren

Head covered with plastic

Postby Oren » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:17 pm

While doing a routine print (with PLA) this happened

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_9911.jpg

Any thoughts on how to remove the plastic? Sawing prooved too difficult (and dangerous) so did using a wire cutter and a screwdriver, using a soldering iron didn't really work

Also, any ideas on how this might have happened and should it be covered by warranty?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Head covered with plastic

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:09 am

Are the fans still abloe to be removed? Taking the fans can provide you more space to deal with this.
Using blower and tweezers carefully to remove from outside can be a safe way but it will take a while to complete. You will need to be very careful to avoid the further damage.

mdana

Postby mdana » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:09 am

What could have caused that? Nozzle not seated against the heat break?

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Remove any parts you can, eat up the both nozzles for a while until the glob gets gummy, and you may be able to pull most of it off in one piece.
The plastic is probably not sticking to the head much, just surrounding it. I had a similar problem and the plastic came off clean after reheating it.
Last edited by EldRick on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sperman

Postby sperman » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:35 pm

mdana wrote:What could have caused that? Nozzle not seated against the heat break?

This would be my guess.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:56 am

That big amount of filament dones't look like leaking. As one leaking starts, the hotend will be clog very soon to extruder more filament out.
It looks more like poor adhesion printing on build surface or nozzle hits model to catch the model and pull model off from build surface.

joeyoro

Postby joeyoro » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:45 pm

Did you swap out nozzles recently? I have had issues clogging with the stock .4 nozzles and then swapped to a .6 nozzle which helped, but you are on your own in slicer settings at that point. I've had the same issues above until I swapped to a .6 nozzle setup. Recently having leaks and jams in the stock .4 hot ends. So I am seriously looking into swapping to a completely different hot end if possible and lose some build height.

Return to “Pro2 Series”