Brand New Printer - Display not Working

jasace69

Brand New Printer - Display not Working

Postby jasace69 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:59 am

I just purchased a new Raise3D Pro2. During the unboxing process, when I got to turning the printer on the display stayed dark even after 1 hour+ and is also not responsive to touch; the printer lights and fans are on. The vendor sent me instructions about how to remove the display and check for any connections that may have come loose during shipping from China. As I am not an engineer and dont want to invalidate the warranty, plus given the complexity of that exercise, I am not keen to try it. Has anyone else come across this problem before? I bought this printer precisely so that I would not have to constantly assemble/disassemble it to get functioning prints although from this experience + other posts on the hardware section, I already get the impression that I made a mistake in buying this printer. All help appreciated - thank you, Jason

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Brand New Printer - Display not Working

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:11 am

Sorry about the issue.
I feel your supplier is most likely looking for images to confirm where the issue is from. The most key point here is do not do any connection check when power on. Before you power on the machine, it is better to send images to your supplier to confirm it is safe to start to avoid damage.

mdana

Postby mdana » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm

I just replaced the display on our Pro2 Plus and it’s pretty straight forward (support will send instructions when you open a ticket).

jasace69

Postby jasace69 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:34 pm

I returned the machine to the supplier (3DGBIRE.COM) and they confirmed that some connections had come loose during shipping. They returned the printer and it now appears to be working. Two impressions from this exercise: 1) support from 3DGBIRE.COM and specifically Dave who works in their support area was outstanding, 2) Raise3D can do better than just to tell non-US customers to contact their supplier.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:05 am

Thank you for your input.

There are several reasons for us to exclusively provide support through non-US Raise3D’s Sales Partners:

Most questions we receive cannot be answered without having an interaction with the customers (for easy questions, customers can always search our Support Center and don’t need to contact anyone);
The customers have purchased their products from a local Raise3D Sales Partner, who can speak the local language and better understand the local cultur.
The quality of the sales information provided by our Sales Partners is higher when they are the ones also providing customer and tech support to their customers.
Even if the customers bought Raise3D’s products, these customers are, in fact, customers of our Sales Partners, and we like to respect that.
Raise3D’s Sales Partners are able to answer any technical question that may exist and, in the few cases where they may have difficulty, Raise3D can always back them up directly.

No system is perfect, but having two different systems at the same time proved already to be inefficient. This was the reason for us to have this approach and, from the information we have so far, the results are positive, even if, from time to time, a few customers ask the same question you do.

Please note that if you have any reason to complain about the service you are receiving from our Sales Partner, you can always contact us to inquiry@raise3d.com and we will check the situation with them.

Thank you for your understanding.

Return to “Pro2 Series”