Filament Loading

JMFX

Filament Loading

Postby JMFX » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:02 am

I found a clog in the gap between the the PTFE tube in the extruder carrier and the lifting assembly (see photo for clarification)

I seem to have successfully cleared it, but now I'm having consistent trouble loading filament, as it misses the path of the lifting assembly, and the extruder motor starts to grind. If I load with the fan and mount off, I can nudge the filament with fine point tweezers and get it into the hot end. I have no trouble passing the wire cleaning rod through the entire filament path,

Is there a way to fix this alignment?
Attachments
IMG_0026.jpeg

mdana

Re: Filament Loading

Postby mdana » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:50 am

It looks like the Teflon tube isn’t inserted all the way down into the top of the lifting mechanism. The end of the tube has a couple of flats that might not be aligned correctly. If you remove the extruder, you should be able to turn the top of the tube until it drops down. I could be wrong, but my Pro2 just jammed in the same area and I had the same issue.
PS: Be careful with the wires. The way all of the cables are stuffed behind the back cover puts a lot of stress on the wires (especially the fan wires).

JMFX

Re: Filament Loading

Postby JMFX » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:11 pm

I finally had a chance to disassemble. The tube is fine, but the PTFE piece right above the lifter seems to have warped.

Return to “Pro2 Series”