Thinking about bailing on the Pro2Plus.... just cant keep fixing it.

Stretch

Thinking about bailing on the Pro2Plus.... just cant keep fixing it.

Postby Stretch » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:24 am

Frist off let me say I love this printer, I bought it a year ago and even though It arrived screwed up from the factory and took me 7 days to unclog it, with some of the worst customer service i have experienced trying to resolve it, it has printed some excellent prints and when it works, it works really well.

The problem is that when it doesn't work, it is horrendous. If you get a clog, the disassembly and cleaning is worse than any printer I have and I own pretty much all of them. It clogged again.. this time though the XY assembly has become just too damaged I think and it will work again for half a print then clog and go to crap. I don't dare try to get any help form support, I can tell you first hand the complaints here about that are true, but I was wondering if anyone knows if there have been extruder upgrades over the last 6 or so months, and if anyone has been able to buy a replacement extruded assembly, although it looks like one hell of a replacement.

It's almost too daunting to even consider but this printer is just so expensive. I would of thrown it in the trash months ago but that cost just keep sucking me back in. I have the new creality cr-10pro s max printer and it does such a good job at $1000 i am thinking i should just buy a few more of those.

I came here with a question but after all the typing i can't remember it lol. O yes... the extruder assembly, have they fixed that in the last half year?

Hellsbellsidaho

Re: Thinking about bailing on the Pro2Plus.... just cant keep fixing it.

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:44 am

I don't blame you for bailing on it. I have the Pro2 for over a year and I have spent more time fixing it than printing. They won't fix the extruder assembly they will just come out with a new model and bail on the Pro2 owners.

Stretch

Postby Stretch » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:34 am

ok.. thanks man. I guess i'm retiring the pro2. I do see they announced a new printer so you are probably right... they not gonna be fixing the pro2 anytime soon. was just hoping they already did.

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Same thing with me, i got two of the Pro-2s and i sold one and stuck with one that has a broken screen and replacement would cost $1000, therefore i wont bother, i too decided to buy the CR10 Pro and after TM FW its been doing such a good job for such a cheap printer, I too am thinking of going for their new Max.

I got tired of Raise not manning up to the issues people are having with the Pro-2 and decided to completely replace the hotends with E3D (check the forum) and its been printing much better, and again the only reason im stuck with it is cause it cost me a lot of money but I''m sure at one point im just going to get rid of it for a loss just like i did with the other one i sold.

Stretch

Postby Stretch » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:06 am

NAser I think you will love the CR10 Pro. I also just ordered the new core xy Vivedino .. its probably the closest thing to the Raise3d pro on the market for less than half the price, and has a few advantages.

Patronus

Postby Patronus » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:06 am

No response from Raise3d on any of this??

mdana

Postby mdana » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:49 am

Similar experience without Pro2 Plus. We’ve only had it for about 2 months and have spent more time fixing it than printing. Just finished tearing down the entire print head to clear a jam at the lifting mechanism. Broke one of the fan wires during the process and had to replace that as well.

simon_srp

Postby simon_srp » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:13 pm

I have similar experience as well. We have not had any clogg-issues except when we switched between a "hot" and "cold" PLA materials.

Our biggest issue have been that we cant rely on its functionality. From start we had problems with axel couplings that were not correct assembled which led to a couple of crashes before we figured it out. Later we had to get a new extruder, two new motor cables and this last time we had to get a new extruder board.

The positiv thing is that we got everything on guarantee and their support were ok. Im not sure where their support office is, but there is some time difference anyway and it makes the support very slow since the dealer where we bought our printer did not want to give us the support (I believe they changed this, or maybe its just the spare parts that is going to be delivered from the dealer in the future).

Another positiv thing is that WHEN it works, it's prints are really good. (from my point of view) This is our first printer.

But the downside is that our printer has been down more that it has been printing for sure... we had it for a year before we sent it back to our dealer. Now they have to convince us that it's works as they promised us before we will take it back....

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Build a RailCore II - that's what I did - amazing printer.

mdana

Postby mdana » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:24 pm

ocelot27 wrote:Build a RailCore II - that's what I did - amazing printer.

You can get the RAILCORE II 300ZLT assembled for half the price of the Pro2 Plus.

Nibber

Postby Nibber » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:00 pm

I'm going to try Ocelot27's fan mod and after that I'm stripping it for parts. On paper a fantastic machine, in reality nothing but trouble. New parts, numerous conversations with our distributor (one didn't know the term heat creep), hours of maintenance time, kg's of filament... but of course you all know this.

The main issue is the bat **** crazy gantry. "Hot End Fix Mount" coupler is upsetting on a machine with a high standard of parts everywhere elsewhere "is it tight enough?, gantry or hot end wobble>? oh... threaded coupler or stripped grub screw." . Heat sink, oem fans, extruder tensioning, nozzle z calibration, assembly/disassembly and cable management are all chores.

I’m not saying that I could do a good job of redesigning the gantry…. Or could I? :|

Stretch

Postby Stretch » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:08 pm

mdana wrote:Similar experience without Pro2 Plus. We’ve only had it for about 2 months and have spent more time fixing it than printing. Just finished tearing down the entire print head to clear a jam at the lifting mechanism. Broke one of the fan wires during the process and had to replace that as well.

yup. one would expect as much on a $300 ebay machine.. not a $6000 professional machine. Raise3D probably doesn't understand how expensive it is to companies to spend the time to keep fixing things.

My machine had the clog issue everyone has the very first print. Our office is literally 20 minutes away from Raise3D headquarters in California and when that first clog happened I received the worst customer service ever, again , pro level machine. They would not come take a look, woud not fix, just kept sending me PDFs how to fix it myself. Which i spent hours doing, but that clog happens every 10 prints and takes a good 2 hours to unclog.

Ressegger

Postby Ressegger » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:49 am

ocelot27 wrote:Build a RailCore II - that's what I did - amazing printer.

You know I've been considering doing just that how is it compared to the pro 2 for you? Both Gaines and losses if there is any. There not too much out about the true results of the railcore but what I have seen is great but I just worry what the average result is so id love to hear your thoughts.

Return to “Pro2 Series”