Printing with one extruder still leaves other extruder hot

KS_Husker

Printing with one extruder still leaves other extruder hot

Postby KS_Husker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:00 pm

I have adjusted my settings to cool the inactive extruder for each one when not in use. I do have a temperature set for each extruder based on the material usually loaded for that particular extruder on the left side of this pane. (But this should be over ridden by the "inactive" extruder setting once the print starts).

However, when I print with only one extruder, the "Inactive" extruder is heated as well and stays heated during the entire print.
The software is not honoring the "Inactive" extruder setting. I realize both need to be heated to allow the raising and lowering of the extruders. And that's fine. But once the print is started there is no reason to not cool the inactive extruder which I assumed would be the case with this setting.

This is annoying. Why have a setting if it will be ignored.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Printing with one extruder still leaves other extruder hot

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:30 pm

Would you like to advise the version of the RaiseTouch loaded in your touchscreen and would you like to share us with your gcode and data files?

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:28 pm

I have moved to some other prints, I will have to see if I am still seeing this issue. But as of now I can't do anything with my machine as I am having a runaway heater rod issue that is very bad.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:54 am

Please also make sure that your firmwares and software are always the latest version in our download center.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:57 am

Last I knew they were but I will check again. I just checked when I started this thread.

Return to “Pro2 Series”