Pro2 Cart

Techmonkey77

Pro2 Cart

Postby Techmonkey77 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 pm

My company purchased a Pro2 cart along with the printer. While I can figure out what tools/parts go into some of the cut outs, others are leaving me baffled. Is there a picture somewhere as to what part goes where?

Spud

Re: Pro2 Cart

Postby Spud » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:51 pm

I got the cart and wondered the same thing.
Needlenose plier cutouts would have been nice.
Also, my digital calipers are longer than the cutout :(
The only things that fit in the cutouts are the tweezers and the hex wrench set that came with the printer, and a small flashlight.
No cutout for the flat scraper that comes with the printer.
But there is a cutout for what could be a large swiss army knife (with nail clippers, corkscrew, scissors and spoon).

I do like the roll-up door where all of the filament goes.
But know that the drawer, sides and roller door are all nonmetal components.
I love the table but when I saw that not much was made from metal I was initially pissed due to the crazy cost.
But I'm glad I have it.
California, USA
R3D Pro2

3DWP

Postby 3DWP » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:38 am

I really like the look of that cart but I just saw the price :o

My N2 Plus looks good on it's own wheels too :roll:

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:11 pm

Attached a picture of how we use the cut outs for your reference.
Screenshot_20190723121004.png

Spud

Postby Spud » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks, Vicky.
I would add a printout of that and include it with the cart for new customers.

The feeler gauge in your tray looks to be missing. I placed mine to the left of the drawer logo.
Last edited by Spud on Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
California, USA
R3D Pro2

Spud

Postby Spud » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:35 pm

I've found a couple of useful mods for the R3D cart I wanted to share.

I use a flashlight a lot, as the internal lighting system brightens up the sides but not the front (no lights shining from the front onto the build plate? Seems that would be a priority since that's where most people will be viewing their print job).
I found that placing neodymium magnets onto the top of the front door is a great solution (That door frame is made of steel).
Neodymium magnets.jpg
Neodymium magnets

The flashlight shown is a cheap one from Harbor Freight and is always within reach and won't hinder the opening of the door.
(The single LED version works well. The multi-bulb version from Harbor Freight isn't attracted to magnets)
Harbor Freight Flash light.jpg
Flashlight

I also found the filament storage area in the cart is a nice place for storage but couldn't help filament stay dry.
I found a weather-tight container at Office Depot that just fit into the cart once you remove the aluminum rack system behind the rollup door.
To get the container to fit you need to remove the little handle screwed into the rollup door. This allows the rollup door to roll further back giving you enough clearance for the container.
Rollup handle removed.jpg
Handle removed.

The container fits well inside the storage area and has 5mm clearance when taking it in and out. Perfect fit!
Fits well.jpg
Container placed inside.

And once the air-tight container is placed into the storage area, you have plenty of room for other things.
Lots of room below printer.jpg
More storage for cleaning supplies/scale/etc.
Last edited by Spud on Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
California, USA
R3D Pro2

Spud

Postby Spud » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Here are the details of the container if you want to find one like it online in your area (I would not get one taller);
46 qt Office Depot.jpg
Container

I estimated that I could get 12 rolls of filament into the container and fit two Eva-Dry's in with them.
(I only have eight rolls on hand)
The little humidity/temp sensor I mounted into the container shows the status of my filament -currently 20% humidity -easily checked without opening the container. I just cut a hole into the container and sealed it with caulk.
I need to remove the filament from the Ziploc bags I have been using. The Eva-Dry's will do a better job then re-using the silica-gel packets that come with rolls of filament.
12 roll estimate.jpg
12 rolls of filament is possible
California, USA
R3D Pro2

mdana

Postby mdana » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:30 am

We’re thinking about getting the cart for our Pro2 Plus at work, but I was wondering how sturdy the cart is with the printer on top? We currently have the printer sitting on rubber pads to keep it from wobbling on the cheap castors.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:34 pm

We have printers printing on carts in our office all the time and printing on carts at our booth when we go trade shows. We haven't seen printing failure caused by carts by now.

Return to “Pro2 Series”