Questioning Pro2 Product Quality - Ongoing Issues

DirkH

Re: Questioning Pro2 Product Quality - Ongoing Issues

Postby DirkH » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 am

Paul123 wrote:hi Dirk,
the second main problem with the uneven plate is more a problem of the lagging gantry because of the weight of the dual extruder. exchanging the bed is only a small step in the right direction because the lag will stay. i changed to a thicker al-plate, too, but still had more than 0.20 mm difference from middle to corners. markus64 and me are designing a new extruder carrier with thicker rods that dont't bend, but in the meantime i found a very practicable solution:
i fixed a magentic neodym foil on top of my alloy plate, then small sheets of paper on the corners and some other areas pf the build plate to compensate the measurement offsets. on top comes a steel plate which is held in place firmly by the neodym foil. it works really great. if you like i can send a few pictures so that you can imagine how everything could be done...

This sounds great. You're perfectly right, the printbed is only slightly uneven. It's the extruder carrier. Maybe this is unapparent transport related damage. I rotated the axis which made it better. I'm very interested in a photo of your solution!

DirkH

Postby DirkH » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:42 am

Labirynt wrote:
that is enough mod, to fix it: https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16207

Thanks a lot for this precious hint! As the parts needed for liquid cooling need some time to arrive, I try this before.

smacd11

Postby smacd11 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:28 pm

It is very disappointing to see no support for the Pro2 printer in regards to Auto Levelling. We received this Pro2 on 25 May 2021, I have continually fought through issues of bed levelling as have many other users. I installed a Wham Bam and inserted varying shim stock where needed to manually accomplish what Auto Levelling would more easily do. Auto Levelling was introduced into the E2 but not in the Pro2. Rather than stand behind those that purchased the Pro2, it seems they decided to release an upgraded version, the Pro3, that has the features everyone was asking for to upgrade the Pro2 with no plans to allow the upgrade to the Pro2, essentially making it obsolete within 6 months of purchase. It would seem to be a simple fix to a known problem, I can't foresee anyone ditching the Pro2 to buy another Raise3D product to fix the issues. I hope the development team will reconsider adding this feature to the product we purchased, otherwise it may be the last.

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:12 am

I am sorry that you are not happy that we do not have auto leveling for the pro2 as the design when it came out was that due to the rigid structure of the aluminum bed an auto bed leveling probe is not necessary.

smacd11

Postby smacd11 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:20 pm

We don't need auto leveling, manual mesh leveling should be achievable. I use it on my personal Ender 3 Pro. no need for a probe. just set z-offsets at defined points and store in the memory. Isn't that how it works on E2?

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:45 pm

smacd11 wrote:We don't need auto leveling, manual mesh leveling should be achievable. I use it on my personal Ender 3 Pro. no need for a probe. just set z-offsets at defined points and store in the memory. Isn't that how it works on E2?

on e2/pro3/e2cf is physical probe (some kind of bltouch)

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:31 am

unfortunately, the Pro2 does not have any mesh compensation available.

ACatesWWT

Postby ACatesWWT » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:56 pm

@smacd11 no point in suggesting improvements for the Pro2 (aimed at Raise3D), this topic has been beaten to death in these forums and their (Raise3D) tone deaf response is always the same. "We see no problems with our design and have no plans to alter/fix anything according to user input".

onefatsurfer

Postby onefatsurfer » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:46 pm

I picked up a pro2 recently (used) and it kills me how long it takes to get the bed up to temp. Is there any upgrade available for it (from Raise3d or aftermarket) that's simple to swap in? I have a Railcore that uses a duet board and a keenovo heater, that thing heats up quick and works great. I know I can make the hardware work swapping it out, but a bit concerned on the software side of things since everything on this printer is closed source.

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:02 am

Unfortunately, we do not have any bed upgrades for the Pro2 and I would not suggest swapping for a replacement as like you said the closed source firmware would not allow proper use of a new bed.

Return to “Pro2 Series”