Layer Skipping issues

Hussain

Layer Skipping issues

Postby Hussain » Thu May 09, 2019 5:43 am

I am bought 2 Raise 3d pro 2 machines and am facing the same issue with both the machines.

When I print large tall prints I have layer skipping issues along the X axis.

when I do smaller prints for 3-5 hours it works fine.

I checked the smoothness of movement by moving the head manually. It seems fine. The head moves smoothly.

Tightened all the grub screws on the GT2 pulleys.

Hussain.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Layer Skipping issues

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu May 09, 2019 5:24 pm

Please move the print head and check the couplers for both X & Y directions. Attached two document showing whether the couplers are.
https://support.raise3d.com/pro2-series ... ent_id=676
https://support.raise3d.com/pro2-series ... ent_id=685

Hussain

Postby Hussain » Fri May 10, 2019 10:07 am

You want to check if the couplers are tightened ?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Yes, please check whether the couplers are well tightened and rotate smoothly following with print head movement or it looks damaged.

Hussain

Postby Hussain » Mon May 13, 2019 6:34 am

while printing a large part I happened to run in to another issue , my nozzle has been seriously jammed.

Attached pictures.

Clog1.JPG

kindly advise on how to dis-assemble the head to clear this

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 13, 2019 5:57 pm

You will need give those filament some heat to soften them first then remove with tweezers.
I can see there will be some parts potentially getting damaged due to this print failure. Would recommend you show share all the picture to http://help.raise3d.com to have our technicians to help you confirm.

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:36 pm

I keep saying it but no one listens, the Pro 2 has major issues to print reliabil, it works sometimes and a lot of other times it has either jams or issues with thermal runaways because of the cables.

I too have two machines and it's just a hit and miss, if the issue was with one of them then ill blame it on damaged parts, software etc, but both then its a design issue.

I know have one with a bad screen and raise says its out of warranty.even though i bought it exactly one year ago but since it was ordered from the US it actually arrived later so it's not really one year, it is also the first one released and i know cause it has some 3d printed components while the other one i ordered later doesn't.

Return to “Pro2 Series”