New abrasive resistant nozzle from 3dsolex

Sunshine

New abrasive resistant nozzle from 3dsolex

Postby Sunshine » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:22 am

I have been thinking a lot about printing abrasive filaments in my Pro2 but have not really dared to buy anything that is not totally compatible with the Pro2's throat tube and hot end. I saw that 3dsolex had produced a nozzle for the N2 but there wasn't anyone for the Pro2 yet.

But! Apparently they have released one fairly recently: https://3dsolex.com/pro-2/3393-3487-eve ... ize_mm-060 .

Has anyone been fast enough to try one out? What does Raise say about it?

ocelot27

Re: New abrasive resistant nozzle from 3dsolex

Postby ocelot27 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Mine will be here in a few days - have no reason to doubt their quality as they've been producing the same nozzles for the Ultimaker for some time.... will post an update.

-john

Sunshine

Postby Sunshine » Sat May 11, 2019 3:37 pm

ocelot27 wrote:Mine will be here in a few days - have no reason to doubt their quality as they've been producing the same nozzles for the Ultimaker for some time.... will post an update.

-john

Didn't you upgrade to mosquito hot ends? Couldn't you have any nozzles you want then or why would you use these nozzles?

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Yes - been testing them out as well with their tool steel nozzles - also working on reworking the cooling for the regular Raise design - almost finished with new heatsink cooling blower and duct and 360° part cooling ducts...

Have not had a chance to install the 3DSolex nozzles on the raise hot ends yet.

-john

Return to “Pro2 Series”