Headers for Autoleveling...

ocelot27

Headers for Autoleveling...

Postby ocelot27 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:07 pm

I noticed there seems to be a set of headers on the Pro2 extruder board labeled "z min" and "G V S" - these are obviously for an auto leveling sensor - why can't we get it working Raise?

I have 3 build plates with differing surfaces none of which are BuildTak - would be really nice not to have to ever deal with the bed leveling screw thingy ever again.

-john

JamesW

Re: Headers for Autoleveling...

Postby JamesW » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:31 pm

I would like this too. I have been toying with the idea of building something to assist with auto leveling. Something external to the existing hardware and software. But if there is an existing solution I would love to see it.

ocelot27

Re: Headers for Autoleveling...

Postby ocelot27 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:41 pm

They're there in plain sight - they were put there for a reason - assuming they are labeled correctly and are physically connected to the main board there is no reason (other than closed FW) not to enable them. You have the two switch posts for the Z min and ground, V+, and signal for the servo or whatever signal you need to control the sensor.

The work flow would be so much easier for both the end user and Raise. Think of the poor soul who's job it is to painstakingly level the beds at Raise with all the set screws and tension bolts. You would just hit a button on the touchscreen to auto level then manually adjust the offsets from the nozzles to the sensor's measured bed plane - done. Put a new bed in hit auto level and print and be very happy that the first level is spot on every single print on every bed with no rafts and wasted material and time.

-john

Return to “Pro2 Series”