Nozzle height servo signals problem

SerjCo

Nozzle height servo signals problem

Postby SerjCo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:04 am

Hello everyone.

Some time ago I updated motion board and screen software to last versions and printing was fine.
I used one nozzle only, but today I tried to switch to another nozzle and nothing happened - nozzle height won't change, even after 10 tries of switching left-right, load/unload filament etc.

At first I disconnected cable and plug nozzle height servo into servo-tester. Nozzles is moving without problem, so nozzle motor is okay.

Then I used oscilloscope to check signals on servo connector. Strange thing happens here.
When left nozzle is selected, I can see good 50 Hz PWM signal on yellow wire and no power (0v) at red power wire.
When right nozzle is selected, there is permanent 2 v signal on PWM wire and normal 5v power supply on red power wire.

Why can such thing happen? And how to fix this issue? :?
Thanks!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Nozzle height servo signals problem

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:57 am

You may have a bad cable or a bad servo motor for your nozzle jogging assembly. You may need to reach to our technicians to help diagnose and claim warranty.

SerjCo

Postby SerjCo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:50 am

Servo is okay - it's working with external servo-tester.
Cable is okay too - it have ground, PWM and 5v power signals, but not at the same time as it must be. Seems like some kind of software problem

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Would recommend you reach to our technicians at http://help.raise3d.com for further diagnose.
If you think the issue is caused by software but not hardware, please attach your gcode file and version number of your firmwares and software into your support ticket.

Return to “Pro2 Series”