Beneath Supports is rougher than N1

RiserDog

Beneath Supports is rougher than N1

Postby RiserDog » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:17 am

I have a N1 plus single nozzle and the it prints parts with supports very well. The supports come off easily and the underside is fairly smooth as can be seen in the right image. The Pro2 does not do as well. The first layer atop the supports will have gaps in it and the supports are more difficult to remove. It is still better than my other printers which are not Raise. How to improve? Is it because the single nozzle N1 has that jumbo fan on it? Thanks! ;)
Attachments
IMG_0068.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Beneath Supports is rougher than N1

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:39 am

Have you update the motion board and RaiseTouch firmwares and ideaMaker to be the latest version?
Would you like share the gcode and date files of this model for Pro2 and N1?

RiserDog

Postby RiserDog » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:01 pm

I updated the 2 firmwares before printing anything. I only use Simplify3d for slicing so I could send those profiles if you can use those. Have your tests shown any difference between the N2 and Pro2 as far as how undersides of supports look? Again I have a single nozzle N2.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 pm

If you have time, I would like to ask you download the latest version of ideaMaker and slice a small model with support using default pro2 profiles to compare the difference.
The Pro2 is installed with three cooling fans, so it has side model cooling fan running during printing and an individual nozzle cooling fan. Should have similar cooling result comparing with N series single printers.

Return to “Pro2 Series”