Bed Level Issues

Zoidsfan77

Bed Level Issues

Postby Zoidsfan77 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Greetings!
I know, another bed level thread...
I own an Raise3D Pro2+, and have never been able to get the bed level. No matter what I do, there is a high spot in the center of the bed. At first I thought it was just rod sag due to the anemic 8mm rods (I'm sure that contributes to the issue). I placed a flat piece of machined steel on the center, and it does rock just slightly. Interestingly, there is no center bolt in the middle (assume for a good reason, although I don't know why).

My questions are this: Can I install a bolt in the center to pull the middle down? Is this a bad idea? Why isn't there one from the OEM?
Are there bed level mods out there for the Pro2 that are better than the OEM system? I have thought about adding stiff springs around the adjustment bolts and getting rid of the set screws (I think I saw something similar done on the N2). That would at least make adjustments easier.

I appreciate the advice.
Attachments
2019-01-07 14.21.46.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Bed Level Issues

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:42 am

Have you tried with measuring on the real build surface not on heated bed directly? Whether it has the same result or not?

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:32 am

The same issue everywhere. Welcome in Raise bed issue club. I have the same. Try to measure cold and warm also and you see another miracle ;) the mountain structure is changing ;) Bed should be redesigned also.

markm

Postby markm » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:30 pm

I just received my Pro2 the other day and set the bed height when I got it, but my first large print I found that the bed wasn't even close to level. I don't know what that test print on the bed was suppose to be but it didn't even resemble my results. Anyway, loosely following the directions in the maintenance section on this site it took be a hour or so to get it tweaked in perfectly. I say loosely because I heated the whole thing up and got a feel for what and how much to loosen and tighten things, had to make a few rounds for interactions and adjust the height along the way but it turned out good.
With that said I won't even pretend to understand how that leveling system works on a plate that is below the build surface but it seemed to.

bunnynnubxo

Postby bunnynnubxo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:26 am

We NEED auto-bedleveling, as soon as possible.

martialgeudin

Postby martialgeudin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:51 am

look also to the discussion here in the forum: dragging into the printed surface
Attachments
IMG_1076.JPG

Return to “Pro2 Series”