Can we talk about the Pro2 camera quality?

Kraken3d

Re: Can we talk about the Pro2 camera quality?

Postby Kraken3d » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:37 am

Is there a setting to chance the camera resolution for those of us that wish to do so? That camera is pointless at this resolution and the lack of support from Raise 3d is getting old.

Kraken3d

Postby Kraken3d » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:40 am

That makes no sense. Limit the live resolution but allows the time lapse to capture at full resolution. That camera is pointless with such low quality. Or adjust the firmware to allow users to set the resolution and decide for themselves if they want to revert it back or not. I would suspect the truth is more along the lines that the board or processor can't handle it. I have a 300 meg connection at the house , I don't think this streaming off the little web cam would bog it down. I have 5 other Wyze wifi cameras running and no issues with a network.

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Spud wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:The camera itself can reach to QXGA (2048*1536) for still picture. And video feed goes up to SXGA (1280*1024). But considering the USB bandwidth and network traffic, we limit it to be 320*240.

Any plans to see the printer at full resolution locally/not through the cloud?
Maybe a locally served address/server accessible through the same network as the device?

We are trying to figure whether we have any chance to improve the resolution.
The limitation is due to USB and Network, not related to Cloud. Even under local network, the higher resolution will still take more bandwidth of the network which will cause the video cannot be played flawlessly.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:17 am

We are sorry about that, the current camera resolution can provide has almost reached to the limitation.
We are trying to see whether we can find any possible solution to improve this issue. But we really can't guarantee we can achieve any progress any time soon.

Zoidsfan77

Postby Zoidsfan77 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:32 am

In my opinion, the camera should be open to the Ethernet port at the back of the machine, and its output should be streamable just like any IP camera. Maybe for some reason this is not possible, in which case that is a large oversight.

ocelot27

Postby ocelot27 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:50 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Spud wrote:
the higher resolution will still take more bandwidth of the network

When you say 'bandwidth' are you referring to the CPU cycle of the machine?

If the cam was broadcasting over wifi as the machine can it wouldn't compete with data to and from the printer when using a USB loaded with the gcode right?

With the current resolution, will take network to 100-200KB/s, still affordable for LAN. When resolution reaches to 640*480, the bandwidth needs will reach to 500-900KB/s.

???

I stream 4 and 5k video over WiFi all the time and it doesn't bring my network to it's knees - for a local wired connection the bandwidth would be at least 100MBPS and more likely 1000MBS - orders of magnitude grater than what your claiming is the required bandwidth.

If the board can't handle the video codec then there should be a separate daughter board for the video to keep the prints safe.

-john

Return to “Pro2 Series”