PRO2 serie not homing on X-axis

martialgeudin

PRO2 serie not homing on X-axis

Postby martialgeudin » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:56 pm

What can be the problem of not homing on the X-axis?
Before is issue, I printed a part without problems. Now two weeks later I want to restart the machine and print a part that I already printed with some changes on it. And I saw the printer printing on the coordinates X=0 and Y=150. The part was placed in the slicer at X=150 and Y=150, the middle of the machine. I wanted to home the printer and this command was just done on the Y-axis. The X-axis didn't move.
I restarted the machine and asked to homing and still nothing happens on the X-axis. Till last print nothing changed on the machine. It was only in rest for 2 weeks without any print. What is the problem? Several month ago I changed the ribbon cable, every thing work, only the left fan didn't work. The print head board was also replaced, without any change for the left fan. But now the printer doesn't go to the home position and when asked to go to X-150, it doesn't move and stays on it position. When homing the homing to the Y-0 position take a long time to go. Is it something on the motherboard? This one isn't replaced, should I? In attachment the log of the machine.
Attachments
all-raisetouch-984-20230122170931.tar.gz
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 20 times

martialgeudin

Re: PRO2 serie not homing on X-axis

Postby martialgeudin » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:23 pm

after testing a lot of the connectors, cables, motors, we found the microstep drive that seems to be the problem. What can be wrong with it? Can it be debugged and restarted? And if this has to be replaced where can I find this? Can I purchase it on a webshop of Raise3D dealers?
microstep drive.jpg
microstep drive.jpg (24.65 KiB) Viewed 506 times

ccclarke

Postby ccclarke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:12 am

Have you contacted Raise3D support or your dealer?
Male Modeler / Sub-Human

martialgeudin

Postby martialgeudin » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:33 pm

yes and sent them also this picture. Nothing yet as answer or solution.

Saperusa

Postby Saperusa » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:30 am

martialgeudin wrote:yes and sent them also this picture. Nothing yet as answer or solution.

This is in the raise3d site.

https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series ... -4-85.html

I'm sorry but PRO2 has finished its life for RAISE3d, now there is PRO3 to sell.

I think another 3-4 Years will arrive PRO4 that will print at high speed without issue and will solve the PRO3 issue.
Like PRO3 is made from Raise3d to solve PRO2 issue (but it's not really so).
And go on...
As say cclarke in another thread we are beta tester of Raise3d issue.

martialgeudin

Postby martialgeudin » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:12 pm

replacing a part is not an issue, knowing why something doesn't work any more the issue. Or how to check what could be wrong in such a component. All this would help improve also later models.

martialgeudin

Postby martialgeudin » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:19 pm

Problem solved, the issue was in micro stepper driver. Replaced the element and everything back to normal. How did we recognized that this element didn't work any more and it wasn't the motor that had failed? We detected that one of the axis didn't respond. So we disconnected it and reconnected it with another driver knowing that this one still worked correctly. We restarted the machine and requested on the screen for the connected axis a little movement on the arrows. !!! Don't do a homing in this operation, this could damage the entire machine.!!! If the motor now moves the printhead you know that the motor works and the original driver failed.

Return to “Pro2 Series”