Distortion in X-axis

lewax00

Distortion in X-axis

Postby lewax00 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:56 pm

A couple days ago, I started getting some weird distortion in my prints, it seems like the X axis is skipping steps at certain points (see attached image - especially noticeable are the corners that appear on what should be a circular skirt, and walls being misaligned from infill). I was able to semi-successfully print this same model the previous day (it kept knocking over the supports...different problem I'll get back to solving once I work through this one...but the shape was correct), and this distortion happens in every other file I've attempted to print since (and when adding a raft, the raft ends up distorted too). Whatever's causing this, it seems to be consistent - I get the same first layer pictured every time with this print. And it appears to be somewhat symmetrical.

Watching things closely while printing I'm noticing anything obvious like a belt sticking. No obvious obstructions or damage on the rails or belts.

I'm not really sure how to debug this issue. I'd appreciate any suggestions. (A friend more knowledgeable than I suggested checking the vrefs - the X&Y were a little under the recommendation I could find of 1V, but adjusting them from 0.9V to 1V doesn't seem to have changed anything.)

Machine: N2 Plus (+ dual BondTech extruder, webcam, and filament run-out sensor), Raise Touch 1.4.1.529 (plan on updating this to 1.4.2 later today, in case something there fixes this), Firmware 1.1.6-frs
Attachments
Expected first layer.PNG
Slicer preview of first layer
Actual first layer.jpg
Actual first layer

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Distortion in X-axis

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:40 am

Please check whether both of your XY couples look not broken and tightened properly. Attached two documents to show where the couplers are located.
https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series ... 4-685.html
https://support.raise3d.com/Pro2-Series ... 4-676.html

lewax00

Re: Distortion in X-axis

Postby lewax00 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:30 pm

Thanks Vicky! That was it - the X coupler broke (in a way that causes a gap in movement when changing directions - that seems to fit the behavior I'm seeing perfectly). Ordered a new one.

Return to “N Series”