Is there a drop-in replacement for the N2 Hotend?

EL Cuajinais

Is there a drop-in replacement for the N2 Hotend?

Postby EL Cuajinais » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:22 am

I just broke the damn throat tube again. (It's been a while and I wasn't thinking). I see they don't sell it by itself. Is there a 3rd party hot end I can use with my N2 without getting into rewiring?

zemlin

Re: Is there a drop-in replacement for the N2 Hotend?

Postby zemlin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:05 am

https://www.raise3d.com/products/throat ... nter-only/
I just bought three spares. They were shows as out of stock on the Raise site so I ordered them from here:
https://ultimate3dprintingstore.com/
They shipped, however, from Raise ... so it appears their web store is not kept up to date. I'd contact Raise support.

and I guess your real question is about a drop-in replacement. AFAIK, no.

EL Cuajinais

Postby EL Cuajinais » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:32 am

Actually this was the best case scenario for me!!! Thank you!!! I created this post BECAUSE Raised3d stopped selling these. I wish Raise would keep them in stock. It is maddening to have to purchase an entire hotend just for this delicate part.

I ordered two. Thanks again!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:00 pm

Thanks for bringing this up. Have asked the Website team to update the stock online.

projectninellc

Postby projectninellc » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 pm

I just designed a mount to use the Slice Mosquito hotends in my printer. I have never had a single problem with my Raise V2 hotends, but it is a bit time consuming to disassemble it for nozzle changes, and then having to reset the Zstop.

I am making a couple spares, and will offer them to the community at my cost.

Happy printing!

Daws

Postby Daws » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:06 pm

Long story short...

I bought a complete new V2 hot end from my local reseller, before I installed it I took it apart to put some hi-temp copper grease on the threads (throat-tube, tiny screws), good practice to make it easier to pull apart for maintenance in the future.

I found that the throat tube was very difficult to remove from the heater block, this was a brand-new, unused unit (Yes, I removed the locking screw). I believe that the threads on the throat tube have been damaged by the locking screw, or the locking screw cross-drilling has not been adequately deburred, causing the thread to bind slightly.

Has anyone else noticed that the throat-tube is difficult to remove? The reason I bought a new hot end is because I couldn't remove the throat-tube from the old hot end without it breaking, I have lots of experience disassembling old machinery, I used every trick in the book, heat, cold, freeze sprays, lubricant etc but it still snapped.
CAD-NX Printer-Raise3D N2

Return to “N Series”