N2 Plus clogging

doubblea

N2 Plus clogging

Postby doubblea » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:20 pm

I have a N2 Plus printer that I am having issues with clogging on the left extruder, and causing the gear to click or grind away filament.

Thinks I have tried:
Loading and unloading several different times.
If the printer is clogged, I can simply click unload, let it unload an inch or so, and click load, and it will extrude.
I have tried removing the transparent motor cover and pushing the filament down by hand. When it is stuck, I am unable to force it down by hand.
I used a infrared thermometer to verify temperature; it checked out.
I cleaned out the hot end. I a very small amount of burnt plastic to come off, but it solved nothing. I can look into the hot end by holding it up to a light, and can not see any obstruction.

It appears that it starts to clog as soon as it stops extruding after loading the filament. If Load it and quickly print a part, it can finish a small raft, but clogs shortly into printing the actual part.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on? I have ordered a replacement hot end, and hopefully this solves it.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: N2 Plus clogging

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:38 pm

Would you like to advise more information of your print? What filament you are using? What temperature you are set to do extruding?
Any picture you can share of the hotend and print failure?

doubblea

Postby doubblea » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like to advise more information of your print? What filament you are using? What temperature you are set to do extruding?
Any picture you can share of the hotend and print failure?

Unfortunately, pictures would not show much. They filament simply stops extruding, with nothing visual on the outside of the hotend. I am using eSUN PLA+, and extruding at a temp of 220C. I should also note that I have printed upwards of a couple hundred parts with the same exact print settings.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:01 am

Please check whether your cooling fans are spinning with no issue to cool the temperature down and print with lower nozzle temperature.
I still prefer to see some picture of your hotend with silicone cover removed to make sure there is no leaking.

Return to “N Series”