Filament Runout Sensor NOT Pausing Prints

FryBanshee135

Filament Runout Sensor NOT Pausing Prints

Postby FryBanshee135 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:54 pm

My new filament runout sensor will indicate via red LED if there is filament in the sensor housing, but will not pause the print, and it lets the print continue to finish. It is as if I do not have a filament runout sensor installed at all. I have confirmed the setting on the touch screen that it is turned "on" or blue toggle.

I have confirmed that I have the proper/latest Motion Controller Board firmware and RaiseTouch firmware installed, and I have double triple checked my connections to the wiring diagram. Any ideas as to what I am missing to have the printer pause once the filament runout sensor detect NO filament? Thanks everyone!

(N2 Plus Dual Extruder)

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Filament Runout Sensor NOT Pausing Prints

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Please make sure that your firmwares are downloaded from the following page.
https://www.raise3d.com/filament-run-ou ... struction/

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:24 pm

Its not so much were you down load the filament sensor moption board firmware its how you get it onto your printer. Just had this issue, you need to put the firmware on a useb, put in the uSB then here is the trick... you dont go through settign and find the update option as that just updates via the internet to the regualr motion board firmware.,

You need to go as though copying a print off the usb stick, you should find a filmer and in the folder is the CORRECT firmware update and thats the one you need to click on the install... ir you have to do it vai the back entran to get the filment sensor update , if you go thoguth the reguyalr settings update route you only gain the mainstream one and not the one on your usb stick

Spikeysonic

Postby Spikeysonic » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:25 pm

Its not so much were you down load the filament sensor moption board firmware its how you get it onto your printer. Just had this issue, you need to put the firmware on a useb, put in the uSB then here is the trick... you dont go through settign and find the update option as that just updates via the internet to the regualr motion board firmware.,

You need to go as though copying a print off the usb stick, (Yup that dont sound right but it is) you should find a folder and in the folder is the CORRECT firmware update and thats the one you need to click on the install.(yup I know you did not download a folder, the file you downloaded is a compressed type of folder).. ir you have to do it vai the back entrance to get the filament sensor update , if you go through the regular settings update route you only gain the mainstream one and not the one on your usb stick

Return to “N Series”