shifted X/Y layers (intermittent Y-axis movement?)

Regatta

shifted X/Y layers (intermittent Y-axis movement?)

Postby Regatta » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:03 pm

hey all,
i've been printing for over a year now without any big issues, but i installed the filament runout sensor/firmware update, AND had a power outage recently (printer is plugged into a surge protector, if that matters). its hard to tell which of those two things might be causing this issue. the filament sensor seems to be working correctly.

the first print i tried to do after the power outage had pretty odd issues. they seem to be that the Y-Axis is not moving sometimes (also, theres some mechanical noise during printing) it isnt shifting the entire layer every time tho, sometimes its just a section of the shell, sometimes its the infill. i tried printing a different file, and also tried using a different USB drive, without any changes. i'm printing with Cura 3.3.1

any help is appreciated!
thanks,
Greg

Regatta

Re: shifted X/Y layers (intermittent Y-axis movement?)

Postby Regatta » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:39 pm

UPDATE:
its the Y-axis coupler that broke. it just coincidentally happened around the same time as some other events

goldendezign

Postby goldendezign » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:46 am

When you replace the coupler make sure you get one with set screws, and they are very affordable you can get a pack a 5 for 10.00 via amazon prime

Regatta

Postby Regatta » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:02 am

goldendezign wrote:When you replace the coupler make sure you get one with set screws, and they are very affordable you can get a pack a 5 for 10.00 via amazon prime

i ended up just ordering an OEM replacement from R3D, but ill keep that in mind for next time, thank you!

Return to “N Series”