Jamming Issue with Bondtech N2 dual upgrade

John W

Jamming Issue with Bondtech N2 dual upgrade

Postby John W » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:34 pm

Hello everyone!
I've had my N2 dual for almost 3 years now and I'm very satisfied, however, for the past week I've been having some troubles.
Some background:
I upgraded to Bondtech after my warranty expired just under a year ago and all of my hot ends are new V2s. Machine is also well maintained. Not using any new filament brands. Finally firmware is 1.1.6rev1

So last week I noted that I was getting an airprint, my first since upgrading to Bondtech (other than operator error) so I promptly unclogged the machine and tried again and got the imfamous clicking sound that usually accompanies a clogged nozzle. I switched hot ends to the right side which I never used to the left side and again got the clicking sound. At the recommendation of someone I bought some nylon cleaning filament and it went through without any issues, but as soon as I switched back to PLA (at the appropriate temperature) I got the jam again.
I thought the stepper motor might be bad on the Bondtech so I switched to the Right side to be sure and I was able to run nylon without issue but got a jamming noise as soon as I tried to preload PLA. I've run out of ideas for things to test and check. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance!

tja

Re: Jamming Issue with Bondtech N2 dual upgrade

Postby tja » Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 pm

How tightly are you setting the tension screws on the Bondtech? I have a similar system to you, except my printer is an N1. Try backing off the screw tension to 3-4 turns back from tight. Since I set mine like this I have not had any 'extruder clicking'. I don't print a lot of PLA though. Mostly I print TPU and PETG.

Return to “N Series”