Bondtech Dual Upgrade problem

Aneka3D

Bondtech Dual Upgrade problem

Postby Aneka3D » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:46 am

Hi Guys,

I have just upgraded my N2+ with Bondtech Dual on last Saturday, the swapping process was ease, it took me around 30 mins by following the written instruction by Bondtech team, also I have watched the video. at the end of the process I have turned down the voltage to 0.5 as per instruction.

I got excited after successful swap (which i thought it was going flawlessly), I load my filament, I notice that the gear that eats the filament with Bondtech extruder much more SLOWER than the stock extruder (is it only me?), i thought it was okay, this is probably one of the changes made by changing to Bondtech extruder. Furthermore, after the filament came out from the nozzle, I printed calibration nozzle, it didnt even stick to the bed for somehow. after few failed prints, few moments ago i have unload the filament, and tried to load it again, and I found my self a clogging extruder.
I also found out that the motor is really hot although I am not even heating up the extruder.

Is there any steps that i am missing? The question is how to fix this?

akiraxx

Re: Bondtech Dual Upgrade problem

Postby akiraxx » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:03 am

Did you change the Esteps to 415? If not then you still have to do it on the printer, otherwise you won't get enough filemnt out. standard value is 94

akiraxx

Postby akiraxx » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:04 am

Aneka3D

Postby Aneka3D » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:55 pm

akiraxx wrote:Did you change the Esteps to 415? If not then you still have to do it on the printer, otherwise you won't get enough filemnt out. standard value is 94

thanks for your info, it works now, but I only have 1 problem left, when finish printing, it left scaring on top of the surface. is there any setting that i needed to change due to Bondtech extruder being used?

jetdillo

Postby jetdillo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:30 pm

Looks like your Z-height might be a bit off. Try adjusting it to be a bit higher. It's scraping because there isn't enough clearance between the layer that was just layed down and the gap between that and the nozzle. The tolerances here are fine enough that just changing out the old extruder for the new Bondtech could affect the height without you actually touching the hot-end assembly itself.
Try tweaking your Z-Height.

Noren

Postby Noren » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Bad top surface is often due to the nozzle to close to the bed or overextrusion. Or a combination.

Return to “N Series”