Templates and Filament

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
gramps50

Templates and Filament

Postby gramps50 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:37 am

I am new to idea maker and it seems like a lot of extra work to get it all set up. You have 3 things, Printers, filament, templates. The Template is tied to a Printer and one Filament. I would think the work flow would be much easier if you could have templates for the printer and then when slicing be able to choose the filament that is loaded in the printer. If the there are some things that need to be changed for the filament it could be done in the overrides.
So you could have a template for
Standard
Quality
Fast
etc
and not have to have a template for each type of filament, not all brands of PLA print at the same temps. I just think it would clean up the slicing interface. Think it would also lessen the learning curve.

Thanks

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Templates and Filament

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am

The project of some big adjustments of Filament and Template management is already on-going.
It will only show users what they need or customized ones instead everything under all printers in future.

MBellahcene

Postby MBellahcene » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:10 pm

Hi,

I like the printer/filament/templates/group handling.
Please don't change :)

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:12 am

The design logic will still be similar the main differences will be the interfaces for more extruders, hiding unused printers or materials.

Return to “Software”