Automatically constrain brim/raft/skirt to printer bed size

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
nesdnuma

Automatically constrain brim/raft/skirt to printer bed size

Postby nesdnuma » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:00 am

Hello,

Sometimes I have broad pieces reaching the limits of the printer's bed. Then, if I include a brim in the slicing, at some places it overrides the bed's limits. This is an issue as on the other locations around the piece the requested brim has enough room to be fully printed. The part with which I have this issue currently is a cylinder.

The best solution would be to include the bed limits in the brim generation algorithm.

Currently this forces me to design my own border along with the piece to be printed. Here is how it looks with the piece.

border issue.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Automatically constrain brim/raft/skirt to printer bed size

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:07 am

Are you looking for to cut off the parts of Brim structure out of the build plate? In order to do it, the Brim loops may need to be cut into inidividual lines. Let us know whether it is what you are looking for.

nesdnuma

Postby nesdnuma » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:04 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Are you looking for to cut off the parts of Brim structure out of the build plate? In order to do it, the Brim loops may need to be cut into inidividual lines. Let us know whether it is what you are looking for.

Indeed, I think the best thing would be to divide the brim loops into as individual lines, but with the lowest possible number of lines I guess.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:40 am

Thanks for your clarification. We will check which way can bring better result and add this request into developing list.

Return to “Software”