Post Process Commands for Curl

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
jallen810

Post Process Commands for Curl

Postby jallen810 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Hello,

I am a recent S3D convert. One feature I am reallllllly missing is the ability to add a few lines of code to my post processor to output my code directly to my Duet Web Control using Curl.

The example code would look something like this:
curl --data-binary "@[output_filepath]" "http://192.168.1.XX/rr_upload?name=gcodes/[output_filename].gcode"
;curl "http://192.168.1.XX/rr_gcode?gcode=M32[output_filename].gcode"
curl "http://192.168.1.XX/rr_disconnect"

I would VERY much love to see this feature added or something equivalent so us non-raise printers can take advantage of direct upload.

Thanks,
Jake

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Post Process Commands for Curl

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:12 am

You are looking for ideaMaker uploading codes automatically or adding a custom commands button in tool bar to choose when you want to upload?
Image_20200630181231.png

If you want the codes to be uploaded automatically, we will consider to have it added into slicing template. Otherwise, if you want to check the preview first, you will need to upload manually.

jallen810

Postby jallen810 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:26 pm

Hello,

Yes that little red box would be an idea spot for a custom upload option, but i would like to be able to configure settings in the printer profile!

I will give you two parallel examples that work for me currently with other slicers:

1st.) Prusa Slicer, they have a dedicated workflow built into their printer profile section where you can select from a drop down: Octoprint, Duet, etc. Then you give your printer's IP address, lastly (if applicable) login information to access the device.
Oh and you can test the connection with the "test" button they provide. It's very neat, concise, and has never failed to work.
How it works, after you slice .stls, it gives you 2 options: Upload & Export the former simply sends the file to the printer without saving locally, the latter saves a copy to local directory only.
See "PSuploadoption" picture attached
PSuploadoption.JPG

2nd.) Simplify3D 4.x doesn't have a "native" option integrated but you can use a program called Curl (linux based i believe so on my mac i just copy this code and it works, idk how it works on Windows) and you go to your "scripts" tab and in the box for Post Processing you copy/paste the 3 lines of code (middle line is for auto-start after upload, i have it disabled in my example) and then when you slice your .stl's and hit the export button like in IdeaMaker, you save your file to a local directory, while that happens it executes the curl commands and like magic, it shows up in my Duet Web Control Gcodes directory where i am able to print it.
See "S3Duploadoption" picture attached
S3Duploadoption.JPG

nicedevil

Postby nicedevil » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:58 pm

Hey Vicky,

I would like to get this feature as well! It is possible to do this for octoprint users as well.

Code: Select all

curl -k -H "X-Api-Key:APIKEY_of_OCTOPRINT" -F "select=false" -F "print=false" -F "file=@[output_filepath]" "http://IP_ADDRESS/api/files/local"

I already tryed to add this into your postprocessing part, but it won't work.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:58 am

Postprocess is mainly used for text processing now, doesn't support external command yet.
If you are looking for uploading, why not having it added into Printer Settings instead of Templates?

jallen810

Postby jallen810 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:59 am

Where could we try inputting that in the printer settings? I looked and didn’t see anything

nicedevil

Postby nicedevil » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:41 pm

We are used to have it in templates... one thing I don't like @ S3D f.e.
If it would be possible to make an integration like they did on cura or prusa slicer it would be much better.
Depends on you devs ;)
I guess/hope there is something in the pipeline. Doing this in printer settings would be realy nice.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:31 am

ideaMaker doesn't support it with the current version. We will add adding PostProcess or custom upload under Printer Settings.

jallen810

Postby jallen810 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:42 am

Awesome thank you very much!

EraiseR

Postby EraiseR » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:15 pm

That's some good news, thanks for your work!

Return to “Software”