[Feature][IM-3.3.0] Scale Coordinates Options

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
GeneF

[Feature][IM-3.3.0] Scale Coordinates Options

Postby GeneF » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:11 pm

The dimensions listed in the Scale tool: Width, Depth, Height, are not always meaningful for a model.

I would suggest that the Dimensions listed should be:
X Axis
Y Axis
Z Axis

It would also help if the text was color matched to the Red, Green and Blue arrows shown for the coordinates.

I would also suggest that the Scale tool be modified to have two coordinate systems:
Model
Printer

When Model is selected, X, Y & Z Scaling would be aligned with the selected model's STL X, Y & Z Coordinates.
When Printer is selected, X, Y & Z Scaling would be aligned with the printer's X, Y & Z coordinates.

Gene

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: [Feature][IM-3.3.0] Scale Coordinates Options

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:39 am

Thanks for your suggestion.
We will improve the Scale to be Local Scale and Global Scale. The Global Scale will be similar as your description.

For the Printer Scale, I didn't get your idea. Should be simialr to our Global Scale's thought. Or would you like to explain a little more?

GeneF

Postby GeneF » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:03 am

The Printer Scale would apply to all models on the print surface. The X, Y & Z scale values would be aligned with the X, Y & Z axes of the printer
without regard to the individual alignments of the multiple models on the surface.

The Model scale would allow for X, Y & Z scaling of selected individual models with the X, Y & Z axes aligned with the orientation of the model.
This is the current operation, but with the Width, Height and Depth dimensions currently in use.

Many times, I find that I print multiple parts that have different coordinate system alignments. The parts may be related to one another in
a subsequent assembly and I want to account for material shrink for all of the parts once they are positioned on the print surface.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:38 am

Noted. Will add your request into developing list to see whether we can achieve similar function.

Return to “Software”