Travel move idea

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
Patronus

Travel move idea

Postby Patronus » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:29 pm

Hi Vicky, my suggestion is to alter the travel move so that, when the nozzle travels inside the model in order to avoid holes, it avoids the outer shell. Currently when "avoid travelling through holes" is selected, the nozzle travels very close to the outer shell which negatively affects the appearance in concave areas when using some technical materials. If the nozzle travelled a little further towards the inside of the model then any oozing or scraping is contained and the outer shells are always neat. I attach a screenshot when you can see the travel move in it's current form.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-16 201530.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Travel move idea

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:59 pm

The main reason why we put it at this position is some model may only have one single shell at some narrow structures while other models having multiple shells.

Patronus

Postby Patronus » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:28 am

Hi Vicky, I understand. But is it possible, where there is more than one shell (which is 99% of all prints I guess) for the travel path to be a little more inward? Perhaps it could be an option?

I almost exclusively print with carbon fibre nylon and (with the help of Ideamaker which has become my go-to slicer) my prints are near perfect. The only place where I still need to do clean-up, with some of the trickier materials, is on concave features. I have narrowed it down to the travel move interfering with the outer layer and unfortunately there's no setting or adjustment to prevent this problem.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:13 pm

We have added optimizing Travel Path generating into developing list. We will add this request into the list too to be able to judge the Travel Path position selection adaptively.

Patronus

Postby Patronus » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:33 pm

Hi Vicky, thank you very much.

Return to “Software”