Feature wishes on my E2

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
Terje

Feature wishes on my E2

Postby Terje » Sun May 30, 2021 8:21 am

1. When I pause the print, the buildplate go all way back.
I wish that it go all way to the front so I can inspect/cleanup/modify the print easier.

2. I buy the E2 manly to use support filament on a separat head.
Today I print nylon cf, PC, PET-G ++ on my left hotend and use Innovatefil Hydrosolube on the right hotend.
Problem is that the support matreale don`t activate the filament sensor, so I get error message when I start printing.
The filament sensor works well on normal filament.
I wish that is was possible to separate turn on/off the filament sensor on left and right hotend.
Then I could turn off the filament sensor on the right side and have it on the left side.
In normal use i don`t use a lot of support filament so it not that important to have sensor on that side.

3. Delete filament in slicer/printer that is not in use.
The filament settings that was there from the start, is not possible to remove.
I wish it was possible to remove/hide them so it was easier to find the filament I use.

Labirynt

Re: Feature wishes on my E2

Postby Labirynt » Mon May 31, 2021 6:45 am

Terje wrote:1. When I pause the print, the buildplate go all way back.
I wish that it go all way to the front so I can inspect/cleanup/modify the print easier.

Today I print nylon cf, PC, PET-G ++ on my left hotend and use Innovatefil Hydrosolube on the right hotend.
Problem is that the support matreale don`t activate the filament sensor, so I get error message when I start printing.
I wish that is was possible to separate turn on/off the filament sensor on left and right hotend.
Then I could turn off the filament sensor on the right side and have it on the left side.
In normal use i don`t use a lot of support filament so it not that important to have sensor on that side.

I wish it was possible to remove/hide them so it was easier to find the filament I use.

2) both sensors (left and right) are connected to the same, one pin on mainboard... so you can only cut wire and add switch, if you want to disable sensor on one side.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:54 pm

Terje wrote:1. When I pause the print, the buildplate go all way back.

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded these requests to our development team and hopefully they can be implemented in the future.

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:04 am

Terje wrote:...

YES, please Raise3D, make it removable, 3mm filaments that stack on top of the filament list for a 1.75mm printer is totally annoying.
E2 + Prusa Mini <- UM 2+ <- Replicator2

Terje

Postby Terje » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 pm

Thank you Steven for forward my wishes.

4. After the print is finish, I have to answer a few questions if the print is successfully +++
why do I have to answer these questions every time? what purpose do it have? And can it be removed?

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:21 am

Terje wrote:Thank you Steven for forward my wishes.

4. After the print is finish, I have to answer a few questions if the print is successfully +++
why do I have to answer these questions every time? what purpose do it have? And can it be removed?

No problem. The selections that you have to make after the prints are complete are a safety feature to ensure that there is not a finished model left on the plate when a new print is started.

Return to “Software”