N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Please post your suggestions for hardware features
Jürgen Conrad
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:14 pm

N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby Jürgen Conrad » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:53 am

Hi there!

I just wanted to print something on my N2 V2 but the touchscreen seems do ignore the touch input on it's left side. At first I thought the firmware was maybe doing something strange, so I updated to the latest version. Still the behaviour is the same: The display won't react on any button that is on the left side of the screen.
With a wired mouse i can do some inputs.
(sorry my english is not good)
wat can i do?


Thanks in advance for any advice!
Jürgen

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4544
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:15 am

If the wired mouse can control the half unresponsive side properly, then the issue may be highly likely due to the touchscreen LCD.
Please shoot a support ticket at help.raise3d.com and advise the basic information of your printer. Our technicians will check how may we help you.

lami3d
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 am
Location: Marseille - France

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby lami3d » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Hello,

same problem in the center at the bottom of the touchscreen on my N2 since 2 weeks...

My N2 is more recent than my N2+, my N2+ doesn't have the reset button and the N2 have the reset button.
But only the N2 touchscreen doesn't work anymore. After resetting, it still doesn't work.
The printers are in the same room.

I have noticed since i have my N2 that the touchscreen box could move a little (about 1 cm) on the right door side, i didn't think this is linked to touchscreen failure.

What could have caused this ?
Do i have to buy a new touchscreen or is possible to repair it or another solution that would be less expensive ?

Thanks for your help.

Jetguy
Posts: 2700
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:55 pm

FYI, the LCD used is http://store.linksprite.com/1024x600-7- ... -pcduino3/
The only difference is as supplied, the wide JST style wire slides over the standard header pins VS being a socket
Again, this picture is the above linked screen direct from linksprite
pcduino3_lvds_screen_2__71621.1407775920.1280.1280.jpg


Also, that connector is what carries the touch position data from the touch overlay to the pcduino IMX6 board.
Here is a factory supplied LCD as seen in an N2 series control box. Point being, the wires can and do plug over the pins on the linksprite version, just doesn't have the white shelll locking connector which is not a big deal.
IMG_0453.JPG


Raise 3D should be able to help you, but knowing alternate sources is always a good thing and can be faster than waiting for support when time and money is involved.

Also I went in depth with pictures and cable connections for the exact same problem with a previous user viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9555&p=32942

Jetguy
Posts: 2700
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Also, why the heck is this entire topic under "feature requests"?????
Come on folks, it's not that hard to post in the correct category.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4544
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:43 am

lami3d wrote:Hello,

same problem in the center at the bottom of the touchscreen on my N2 since 2 weeks...

My N2 is more recent than my N2+, my N2+ doesn't have the reset button and the N2 have the reset button.
But only the N2 touchscreen doesn't work anymore. After resetting, it still doesn't work.
The printers are in the same room.

I have noticed since i have my N2 that the touchscreen box could move a little (about 1 cm) on the right door side, i didn't think this is linked to touchscreen failure.

What could have caused this ?
Do i have to buy a new touchscreen or is possible to repair it or another solution that would be less expensive ?

Thanks for your help.


It will be highly likely be a hardware issue. Please contact our support to figure out the best way to fix the issue.

lami3d
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 am
Location: Marseille - France

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby lami3d » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
lami3d wrote:Hello,

same problem in the center at the bottom of the touchscreen on my N2 since 2 weeks...

My N2 is more recent than my N2+, my N2+ doesn't have the reset button and the N2 have the reset button.
But only the N2 touchscreen doesn't work anymore. After resetting, it still doesn't work.
The printers are in the same room.

I have noticed since i have my N2 that the touchscreen box could move a little (about 1 cm) on the right door side, i didn't think this is linked to touchscreen failure.

What could have caused this ?
Do i have to buy a new touchscreen or is possible to repair it or another solution that would be less expensive ?

Thanks for your help.


It will be highly likely be a hardware issue. Please contact our support to figure out the best way to fix the issue.

Thanks Vicky, i'll contact your support team soon

lami3d
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 am
Location: Marseille - France

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby lami3d » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:43 pm

Ticket submitted :)
I tried to explain the best i can and made a little history of the problems i had on my printers.
I really hope the answer will not be that touchscreen MTBF is about a little bit more than one year and that the solution is to buy a new one.

lami3d
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 am
Location: Marseille - France

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby lami3d » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:44 am

Jetguy wrote:FYI, the LCD used is http://store.linksprite.com/1024x600-7- ... -pcduino3/
The only difference is as supplied, the wide JST style wire slides over the standard header pins VS being a socket
Again, this picture is the above linked screen direct from linksprite
pcduino3_lvds_screen_2__71621.1407775920.1280.1280.jpg


Also, that connector is what carries the touch position data from the touch overlay to the pcduino IMX6 board.
Here is a factory supplied LCD as seen in an N2 series control box. Point being, the wires can and do plug over the pins on the linksprite version, just doesn't have the white shelll locking connector which is not a big deal.
IMG_0453.JPG


Raise 3D should be able to help you, but knowing alternate sources is always a good thing and can be faster than waiting for support when time and money is involved.

Also I went in depth with pictures and cable connections for the exact same problem with a previous user viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9555&p=32942


Sorry if this topic is not in the good section but as i got this problem and went on the forum i saw this topic and so, i added my issue here...

Thanks for your help because i didn't find the touchscreen in the spare parts.

After some messages with the support, they told me printer is out of warranty... lol :roll:
Waste of time because, i've said in the first message that i didn't found normal that a touchscreen died after 1year and 2 monthes of use. So, it was clear the printer was older than 1 year... Why turning around in circles if the only important fact is the warranty ? Just have to say : "it's not our business now, you're out of warranty..., sort it out yourself !..."

I thought this touchscreen Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) wasn't a little bit more than 1 year (maybe i touch it 300 times during this time ?) and that it was clear it was a defect / a manufacturer issue... and Raise3D would have understood this issue was not normal...

I'm angry with that issue and i think i continue use the mouse, even in front of customers to be totally transparent with them like i always do.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4544
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:26 am

Sorry for wasting your time.
I think the support team just wants to get as much as information of your issue first, then make an analysis to see whether it is exactly a hardware problem which can only be fixed by replacing parts or some other issues we can provide any help from our side before giving you a conclusion.

lami3d
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 am
Location: Marseille - France

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby lami3d » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:13 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Sorry for wasting your time.
I think the support team just wants to get as much as information of your issue first, then make an analysis to see whether it is exactly a hardware problem which can only be fixed by replacing parts or some other issues we can provide any help from our side before giving you a conclusion.


It's not a lot of time and i understand they want to get informations. So i know it can happen even it's never funny...

In this case, they don't search the issue concerning the touchscreen, i think they understand touchscreen was dead at the first message because they didn't ask me more about the touchscreen.
I have also a lock on the door that exploded when i closed the door after one month of use (not a big issue for me). I also talk about that in the ticket and they ask me more about it (pictures).

It's just strange they don't understand that the printer is more than one year old.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4544
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: N2 Touchscreen not reacting to touch on it's left side

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:53 pm

I'm sorry about that. I will feedback your feeling about that to support team.


Return to “Hardware”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests