Jam above the extruder gears

Max1mus

Jam above the extruder gears

Postby Max1mus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 am

Hello all,

The saga of trying to get my Pro2 to work continues. I've got a jam above the gears in the extruder, the filamanet got stuck trying to pull it back through somewhere inside the run out sensor it seems and unfortunately the filament snapped off right at the top as I was trying to get it out.

Does anyone have instructions on how to disassemble the top of the extruder? So behind the run out sensor.

Thanks,

Chris@Raise3D

Re: Jam above the extruder gears

Postby Chris@Raise3D » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi Max1mus,
I've attached our guide for clearing a jam in the Pro2. If you have additional trouble feel free to open a support ticket with us at [url]help.raise3d.com[/url].
Thanks
Pro2 Jam Remove.pdf
(704.03 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

DavidBarwin

Postby DavidBarwin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Why isn't this guide (and similar documentation) posted for 7-24-365 download? Frustrated at the lack of documentation to work on and service my Pro2.

Prop-Fiction

Postby Prop-Fiction » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:09 pm

I think that it is one of the problems that can be traced back to the throat tube. I am now 90% sure that it is the biggest and only problem of pro2 that leads to all these problems.
I have made a few small simple changes to the pro2 today that can be implemented by anyone. until now after 7 hours of printing time under full load and the model that has only worried me he runs with dn changes like a kitten.
I will post the changes in a separate thread. I really believe that this solves most if not all jam problems.
Regards Carsten
Es gibt kein das „geht nicht“, immer nur eine Frage des Geldes oder der Zeit.

Schlaf wird überbewertet.

My Costume website
http://www.prop-fiction.de

JamesW

Postby JamesW » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:38 am

I think the guide is new. I had a problem last weekend and what they sent me looks like an earlier version with fewer details. They probably were testing it with people during the week before releasing it. But yeah, it looks good enough to put on their website now.
-James

dinogoal

Postby dinogoal » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Prop-Fiction: I agree. I've experienced multiple issues with the throat tube jamming up prints as well. I've been assuming it was filament tolerance errors until recently seeing a few posts (like yours) pop up with others having the same problem. I've experienced it mostly late into really long prints (30-60 hr prints) when everything has been at temperature for a long time.

Return to “Pro2 Series”