Misalignment left/right extruder

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
stevetriple
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Misalignment left/right extruder

Postby stevetriple » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi, I'm trying to print this sail in dual color, but it seems the right extruder (pink color) is a bit moved to the right... anyone knows how to fix this?
thanks
steve
Attachments
IMG_1477.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG

zemlin
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Misalignment left/right extruder

Postby zemlin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:55 pm

In Ideamaker under the Printer Type settings there are offset values for the second extruder. You need to tweak those values until the output from the left and right nozzles lines up.

stevetriple
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Misalignment left/right extruder

Postby stevetriple » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:27 pm

zemlin wrote:In Ideamaker under the Printer Type settings there are offset values for the second extruder. You need to tweak those values until the output from the left and right nozzles lines up.


I've tried changing those values... is it normal that the preview doesn't change? Do I have to do a print test everytime I change this value?
thanks

billbucket
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Re: Misalignment left/right extruder

Postby billbucket » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:58 pm

stevetriple wrote:I've tried changing those values... is it normal that the preview doesn't change? Do I have to do a print test everytime I change this value?
thanks


Doesn't the preview always show it as aligned? If you set a corrected value the preview would do what? Show it as misaligned?

You measure the misalignment on your print or the actual offset of the extruders and enter that value.

zemlin
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Misalignment left/right extruder

Postby zemlin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:47 pm

billbucket wrote:Doesn't the preview always show it as aligned? If you set a corrected value the preview would do what? Show it as misaligned?

You measure the misalignment on your print or the actual offset of the extruders and enter that value.

Correct - the Preview assumes the alignment is correct. The trick is getting the printed part to match the preview. That is accomplished when the offsets in software match the offsets on the machine.

stevetriple
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Misalignment left/right extruder

Postby stevetriple » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Ok so I have to do a print test... I’ll do and let you know. Thanks to both


Return to “Printing Settings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests