Misalignment left/right extruder

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
stevetriple

Misalignment left/right extruder

Postby stevetriple » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi, I'm trying to print this sail in dual color, but it seems the right extruder (pink color) is a bit moved to the right... anyone knows how to fix this?
thanks
steve
Attachments
IMG_1477.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG

zemlin

Re: Misalignment left/right extruder

Postby zemlin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:55 pm

In Ideamaker under the Printer Type settings there are offset values for the second extruder. You need to tweak those values until the output from the left and right nozzles lines up.

stevetriple

Postby stevetriple » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:27 pm

zemlin wrote:In Ideamaker under the Printer Type settings there are offset values for the second extruder. You need to tweak those values until the output from the left and right nozzles lines up.

I've tried changing those values... is it normal that the preview doesn't change? Do I have to do a print test everytime I change this value?
thanks

billbucket

Postby billbucket » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:58 pm

stevetriple wrote:I've tried changing those values... is it normal that the preview doesn't change? Do I have to do a print test everytime I change this value?
thanks

Doesn't the preview always show it as aligned? If you set a corrected value the preview would do what? Show it as misaligned?

You measure the misalignment on your print or the actual offset of the extruders and enter that value.

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:47 pm

billbucket wrote:Doesn't the preview always show it as aligned? If you set a corrected value the preview would do what? Show it as misaligned?

You measure the misalignment on your print or the actual offset of the extruders and enter that value.

Correct - the Preview assumes the alignment is correct. The trick is getting the printed part to match the preview. That is accomplished when the offsets in software match the offsets on the machine.

stevetriple

Postby stevetriple » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Ok so I have to do a print test... I’ll do and let you know. Thanks to both

Return to “Printing Settings”