Feature Request: restrict travel to inside model

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Harlequin

Feature Request: restrict travel to inside model

Postby Harlequin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:29 am

Currently the slicer will move the nozzle over the outer shell of the model even if there is an option to keep the nozzle inside the model is it is the short distance. This increases retractions but also increases stringing, especially when dealing with flex.

Feature request:
Travel must remain inside model where possible up to "x" times the shortest path.

So if the shorted path was a 10mm travel which crossed the shell it would travel up to 50mm inside the model to reach its destination if X was set to 5

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Feature Request: restrict travel to inside model

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:49 am

Note taken. Will ask the software team to pay attention to.

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:02 pm

Sorry for the delayed response. I need to turn on notifications.

Hopefully this image helps explain it in more detail as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g6F2xey17Jp8bVYZ9

As you can see it is possible for the nozzle to remain inside this model for the entire print, however there are a number of travel moves that cross the outer shell. If you look where the mouse cursor is there is a very short travel that could easily have remained inside the model. Every time you cross a shell stringing is something that has to be compensated for, and on flex material stringing is inevitable.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:28 am

I'm getting a little confused. Maybe I misunderstand something.
So you want all the travels only go inside the model or you want to set a limit to control which can move outside which need to move inside.

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”