[Pro2] Nozzle Switching - Not working?

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Jiter

[Pro2] Nozzle Switching - Not working?

Postby Jiter » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:28 am

Hello Forum,
I may have Issues with the nozzle switching feature.

I wanted to print a Part only with the right Extruder, but the Extruder won´t lower to Printingheight. The Left Extruder stays on the bottom but the Right Extruder ist Extruding Material which is, of course, not stiking to the Plate.

Is there a Button i can press to check wheter it is working or is there an Issue with the Slicer?

Cheers,
David
Cheers, David
If you can dream it, you can print it! :lol:

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: [Pro2] Nozzle Switching - Not working?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Please check with filament loading function. No matter the Nozzle icons with up and down arrows beside X Y Z controls or the auto Load/ Unload buttons.
Once one nozzle is enabled to load filament in, it will drop.
Make sure the nozzle temperature has already reached to over 180C as the minimal loading temperature or the loading won't work.

Jiter

Postby Jiter » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello,
so I could reproduce this issue.

If the Left Nozzle is selected from before and in the next Print you just want to use the Right Nozzle then there seems to be an missing Command to switch the Nozzle before Print.

Which Command is the "Nozzle-Switching"? So I could add it manually to the GCODE-Header.

Or am I missing something?

Best regards,
David
Cheers, David

billbucket

Postby billbucket » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:10 pm

Jiter wrote:Or am I missing something?

This is a bug in the Pro2 firmware. The Pro2 starts up thinking the right extruder is lowered, so when you send it a lower right extruder command it does nothing because it thinks it's already lowered. There is a beta firmware that fixes it, which I have, but it's apparently not released yet. In the meantime, you need to tell it to lower the left extruder (even though it's already down) and then tell it to lower the right extruder. It will get switching right for the rest of the time the printer is powered on (including through resets via the menu or button behind the touch screen).

Raise3D actually wanted to send me another Pro2 because they were convinced this was a hardware issue and couldn't recreate it. The problem was they were doing all their testing on a machine that they were resetting via the menu or pressing the reset button instead of turning the printer off and then starting it again. So, keep in mind when reporting/tracking bugs that some issues persist through a software or hardware reset, but not through a power cycle.
Last edited by billbucket on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billbucket

Postby billbucket » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Please check with filament loading function. No matter the Nozzle icons with up and down arrows beside X Y Z controls or the auto Load/ Unload buttons.
Once one nozzle is enabled to load filament in, it will drop.
Make sure the nozzle temperature has already reached to over 180C as the minimal loading temperature or the loading won't work.

Actually the right extruder-not-lowering bug I've seen you address elsewhere affects the right nozzle in all situations, including filament loading. So while it should drop, it will not if the printer is powered on (not after reset) when the left nozzle is lowered. The fix is to lower the left nozzle first, the printer will send the command to do so and, even though nothing will move, the state of the firmware will then match the state of the hardware and everything will work as it should.

Jiter

Postby Jiter » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:30 am

Hey billbucket, thanks!

Do you know which command this is?
It didn´t work with T1. Is there something else?
Cheers, David

billbucket

Postby billbucket » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Jiter wrote:Hey billbucket, thanks!

Do you know which command this is?
It didn´t work with T1. Is there something else?

I was previously just issuing it from the touchscreen. In the utility menu (where the position and home buttons are) you can extrude a small amount of filament from either nozzle. Just extrude some from the left and then from the right. Any g-code switch commands should operate correctly until after the next time you turn the printer off.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 pm

If you'd like to help test the beta version of the firmware, please make contact with us from help.raise3d.com.
Our technicians will share you the beta firmware via your support ticket.

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:00 pm

How and where to send the switch extruder command to lower that extruder ? cause i found it but i'm not sure how to send that command without loading filament or starting a print.

billbucket

Postby billbucket » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Naser404 wrote:How and where to send the switch extruder command to lower that extruder ? cause i found it but i'm not sure how to send that command without loading filament or starting a print.

2018-07-10 09_19_53-file.php (385×654).png

You can extrude small amounts without loading/unloading or starting a print by selecting the extruder here and pressing the down button. The selected extruder should lower automatically before extruding. Just switch between them until each lowers when you try to extrude from it, it should work normally until you turn off the printer.

Return to “Printing Settings”