PRO2 Timelapse results?

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
gillotte

PRO2 Timelapse results?

Postby gillotte » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:46 am

I've enabled timelapse, restarted the printer, double checked the settings but I'm not sure where the timelapse results are.

I've sshed into the printer as well, poked around on the file system and couldn't find the timelapse videos.

Ideas?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: PRO2 Timelapse results?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Please check whether you can see the Timelapse under dashboard or not first to make sure whether the Timelapse has been saved and can be played properly or not.

gillotte

Postby gillotte » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks, I found the videos in the print dashboard, next to upload queue etc. How do I download them?

DavidBarwin

Postby DavidBarwin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:51 pm

On the printer I've enabled time-lapse as well and restarted but I don't see where any of the results are? Where is it saved and how do we play it back? Is there any documentation on this feature? And if NOT....why not?

gillotte

Postby gillotte » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:23 am

found the videos here, /opt/Raise3D/stat/video/

downloaded them via putty scp. ex:

pscp root@192.168.1.12:/opt/Raise3D/stat/video/* .

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:26 am

gillotte wrote:found the videos here, /opt/Raise3D/stat/video/

Why cant this be downloaded through their application, or can it ?

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:14 am

i tried logging in with Putty but its asking for a password, so what is it ?

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:54 am

Naser404 wrote:i tried logging in with Putty but its asking for a password, so what is it ?

The SSH password. So, look under security settings on the screen because unless you set one, it is purposely a random unique password for every printer for security. If you set a password, then it's that password.

Read the Raisetouch release notes because this is where features are documented based on version of firmware installed.
https://www.raise3d.com/pages/touchscre ... ease-notes

That said, because 0.9.7 added major changes when compared to previous versions- specifically security, highly suggested to read the additional comments that includes pictures and menus here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5957

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:16 am

Also, you aren't wrong for complaining, please don't take anything I have typed as saying the release notes cover everything, or that features are covered in some manual.

Let's be honest, this is evolving monthly. Just 6 months ago, features like the camera only existed in a closed beta to a few and limited group of veteran folks. I warned here when Raise 3D released the camera feature in the Pro2 you likely would be unhappy with how it was implemented- this entire topic is just proof.

Again, bottom line, features are version specific to the firmware, so pay close attention to the release notes on versions and highly suggest you follow that same topic when new releases come out as that is often the first public place any word of a bug comes out. Again, this topic should be top of any new users "things to read" and yes, I know it's a couple of pages, but again, if you want to be "in the know" that's where the info is. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8439

Raise 3D just keeps editing the first post to reflect the latest firmware release, so that's why you see replies in that topic to different versions- they really need a better format but that's just what "they" do.

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:22 am

Thank you Jetguy,

i was able to login in but i have no clue what cmd to get into the video folder and how to download that file to my windows PC.

They really need to make this easier so we can find the printer in our network and connect to it via windows explorer to download the files, or even export these videos on a USB stick.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:06 am

Naser404 wrote:Thank you Jetguy,

i was able to login in but i have no clue what cmd to get into the video folder and how to download that file to my windows PC.

They really need to make this easier so we can find the printer in our network and connect to it via windows explorer to download the files, or even export these videos on a USB stick.

SSH is good for command line. You are using a Putty console to SSH.
SCP (Secure Copy Protocol) a way to browse file systems and copy and transfer complete files is using a tool called WINSCP on Windows to graphically navigate the file system, show both your local computer's files and the remote systems files and directories, and even drag and drop from one side to the other works. Read this entire topic with posts both above and below mine. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=354&p=6665#p6665

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:32 am

gillotte wrote:found the videos here, /opt/Raise3D/stat/video/

Also, right there is the command line command and directory location info you asked for.

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:47 pm

for some reason Putty works fine to log to the printer but not WinSCP, i also tried cd to that video folder but its not there.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Naser404 wrote:for some reason Putty works fine to log to the printer but not WinSCP, i also tried cd to that video folder but its not there.

Being dead honest, we are back at 2 basic statements:
#1 Users are not likely to be 100% happy with how the Raise 3D camera systems works and it's features like time lapse only being viewable on the printer via the current versions of the applications (both printer side Raisepack version, and remote Ideamaker version making the connection). When asked about this, Raise 3D gave security concerns for the reason this is not enabled and seemed (caution, that's my opinion based on what I have seen) like they did not want to make a change to this.

#2 The above commands and tools are for folks with prerequisite Linux operating system and tools knowledge, and understanding of file systems and command line tools. These should only be used by folks knowledgeable as they can potentially corrupt or damage the file and thus operating system and applications on the printer. We cannot teach all the ins and outs of this is a couple of forum posts.

So yes, you are right to say this previously:

Naser404

Postby Naser404 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:18 pm

i have some knowledge of MS-Dos from back in the days and i checked the commands online how to list all directories and get to them but still, i agree with you, this should be as easy as drag and drop, today people want to share timelapse of their prints.

Donatosnog

PRO2 Timelapse results

Postby Donatosnog » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:50 pm

nicelooks like youre on your way,a little at a time youll get there.what else is in store for it?

Kraken3d

Postby Kraken3d » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:48 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Please check whether you can see the Timelapse under dashboard or not first to make sure whether the Timelapse has been saved and can be played properly or not.

So does the camera work yet or not? I have all the options but not sure the video has ever been recorded and if it has how does one access them? Seems ridiculous for a machine costing 4k for the features not to even work.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Kraken3d wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Please check whether you can see the Timelapse under dashboard or not first to make sure whether the Timelapse has been saved and can be played properly or not.

So does the camera work yet or not? I have all the options but not sure the video has ever been recorded and if it has how does one access them? Seems ridiculous for a machine costing 4k for the features not to even work.

The camera works, but you need to make sure you have enable the camera first.
You can find more settings explanations from here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1069/ ... 1718453912
Although it is a guide for N series, but software features are the same. From page 6 is about how to use the camera from touchscreen.

Kraken3d

Postby Kraken3d » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Yeah its enabled, I am not that stupid. My point is you can't view any of the still shots or see any videos from the printer. Is there a way to move them from the machine to a PC? What's the point of a camera if you can not view the video or stills?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Not yet by now. We are going to add a function under remote control in ideaMaker to let users have chance to view timelapse not only from touchscreen but also from PC side.

Return to “General”