Annoying Sound on my Pro2

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Hellsbellsidaho

Annoying Sound on my Pro2

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:48 pm

My Pro2 developed this annoying sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq7TRyW ... e=youtu.be

Jetguy

Re: Annoying Sound on my Pro2

Postby Jetguy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:28 pm

My first guess would be a failed motor to shaft coupler. If the motor was even slightly misaligned, these couplers fail in short order (days or weeks) because every rotation of the shaft fatigues the already thin aluminum.
viewtopic.php?t=1281

Hellsbellsidaho

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Jetguy wrote:My first guess would be a failed motor to shaft coupler. If the motor was even slightly misaligned, these couplers fail in short order (days or weeks) because every rotation of the shaft fatigues the already thin aluminum.
viewtopic.php?t=1281

Thanks for the info. I just put in a support ticket.

claytony565

Postby claytony565 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Hellsbellsidaho wrote:
Jetguy wrote:My first guess would be a failed motor to shaft coupler. If the motor was even slightly misaligned, these couplers fail in short order (days or weeks) because every rotation of the shaft fatigues the already thin aluminum.
viewtopic.php?t=1281

Having a similar sound on mine as well. Do you mind updating this when you have found a solution?

Thanks.

Hellsbellsidaho

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:06 pm

claytony565 wrote:
Hellsbellsidaho wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=1281

Having a similar sound on mine as well. Do you mind updating this when you have found a solution?

Thanks.

Sure, no problem.

Hellsbellsidaho

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:03 pm

claytony565 wrote:
Hellsbellsidaho wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=1281

Thanks.

Tech support says they believe it is a broken coupler and they are sending me a new one. I suspect I will receive it next week and replace it then.

claytony565

Postby claytony565 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:01 pm

Hellsbellsidaho wrote:
claytony565 wrote:
Hellsbellsidaho wrote:

Thanks.

Tech support says they believe it is a broken coupler and they are sending me a new one. I suspect I will receive it next week and replace it then.

Interesting. Sounds like I will have to look more closely at nine here,

Thanks for the response.

Hellsbellsidaho

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 am

claytony565 wrote:
Hellsbellsidaho wrote:
claytony565 wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for the response.

I finally received the replacement coupler today and installed it. It was a pain in the butt but the sound is gone and the machine is quiet once again. They must be having issues with couplers as the new one is a much better quality coupler. Here is a photo of the broken coupler.
Attachments
IMG_1269.jpg

claytony565

Postby claytony565 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:44 pm

Hellsbellsidaho wrote:
claytony565 wrote:
Hellsbellsidaho wrote:

Thanks for the response.

I finally received the replacement coupler today and installed it. It was a pain in the butt but the sound is gone and the machine is quiet once again. They must be having issues with couplers as the new one is a much better quality coupler. Here is a photo of the broken coupler.

Well it is good to hear that they are of better quality. It is odd to me that the print quality seems unaffected by this. I am waiting on my new coupler to arrive for both my Pro2 and N2+. Thanks for the update.

Return to “General”