Settings Viewer and/or Comparison Option for IdeaMaker created GCode

Raise3D is always hearing. If you have a feature requested related to our product, or if you have new ideas that need attention from the community, please post here.
Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Being that we can re-import a .gcode file into ideamaker to view the preview of the print, I think it would highly advantageous to be able to look at the settings that were selected if made with ideamaker. Not everyone knows G-code.

If multiple users have hands on a printer and come up with different results but forget to not overwrite the template settings, one would have to completely reassess what these settings were when trying to use the potentially better settings for various prints (we all know different materials and even colors at times require unique settings).

1. Just having the ability to be able to view the settings if created by ideamaker would be a huge win.

2. Having a viewing window to visually compare to a live window for the live template would be super helpful as well.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Settings Viewer and/or Comparison Option for IdeaMaker created GCode

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:52 am

1. From version 3.1.7, importing .date file into ideaMaker can build a new slicing template. Which means you can use that to check the slicing settings for this printing file as long as you keep its .data file.
2. Do you mean that you need a window to compare the difference of two slicing template?

Casale8

Postby Casale8 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:36 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:1. From version 3.1.7, importing .date file into ideaMaker can build a new slicing template. Which means you can use that to check the slicing settings for this printing file as long as you keep its .data file.
2. Do you mean that you need a window to compare the difference of two slicing template?

1. That is great!
2. That would be a nice feature, Yes

Thanks Vicky.
-SCC
“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.” -R.A.Heinlein

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:01 pm

Notes taken.

Timon

Postby Timon » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:23 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:1. From version 3.1.7, importing .date file into ideaMaker can build a new slicing template. Which means you can use that to check the slicing settings for this printing file as long as you keep its .data file.

Hello Vicky,
can you please tell me how one can import a ".data" file?
If I go the "File" tab in the ideaMaker software, I can choose "open idea file...", which does obviously not do the job, and import "models", which only lets me select ".3mf", ".stl", and ".obj" files, but not ".data" files. Trying to open the ".data" file by right-clicking and selecting "open with" and choosing ideaMaker, does not cut it for me either. :(
It would be great if you could briefly describe the steps of importing a ".data" file.

Thank you,
Timon

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:14 am

Screen shots with step by step here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9271&p=32340#p32340

Timon

Postby Timon » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:16 am

Jetgun, answered my question in this thread perfectly.

http://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9271&p=32350#p32299

Return to “Feature requests, ideas, wishes”