Pro2 Left vs. Right Extruder raise distance

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Hellsbellsidaho

Pro2 Left vs. Right Extruder raise distance

Postby Hellsbellsidaho » Fri May 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Does anybody else notice that the left extruder on the Pro2 moves further than the right extruder or is it just my machine?

https://youtu.be/6S8h8IUxVA0

billbucket

Re: Pro2 Left vs. Right Extruder raise distance

Postby billbucket » Mon May 21, 2018 4:37 am

Mine is not nearly that asymmetrical. The difference is nearly impossible to determine visually, but measuring shows less than 0.5 mm difference.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 21, 2018 10:14 am

Please check whether the gap between nozzle tip and build surface are the same at the both sides.
We only control the accurate position when nozzle moves down. As the different spring and lubricant may vary a little bit, so the lifting distance of each nozzle moving up will be a little different between.

AFTECH

Postby AFTECH » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:57 am

Hello
I've received my Pro 2 Plus this week and i've just try to make a dual extrusion.
When i've installed the 2nd filament there was no problem,the 2nd extruder travelled in Z axis.
But when i've run the print, the extrusion head tried to go to Z zero position and hurted the building plate and try to go through it.
The 2nd extruder remain lower than the 1st and i don't know why.
By chance i think that nothing is brocken but how do you manage the Z position of the extruders ?
Did i miss something because i didn't found anything about it in tha user manual.

Thanks in advance

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:05 am

You need to double check the distance between nozzle and build surface with feeler gauge before printing (especially first time after long-way shipping) which has been mention in Quick Starter Guide.

And please make sure that your printer has been updated the both motion controller board and RaiseTouch firmwares to be the latest version on our website.
https://www.raise3d.com/pages/download
You can check the version numbers of your printer with pressing the little gear icon at top right corner.

AFTECH

Postby AFTECH » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:16 am

Thank you for your answer
I've done the distance checking for the left extruder at first use and it was between 0.2 and 0.3mm
My firmware is the 0-0-31
But i don't find any option to select the individual Z position of each extruder.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:46 am

Then you may need to calibration the height of the both nozzles.
Please shoot us a support ticket, our technicians will guide to carry out at help.raise3d.com.

Return to “General”