ideaMaker 3.1.7 Release Notes Updated 2018.5.11

Discussions about ideaMaker and other printing software.
User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 07, 2018 10:10 am

Nobbi50 wrote:Release 3.1.6 crashes very often, when I try to load an uploaded file from the internal memory of the N2+.
following message: pops up:

Runtime Error!
Programm:C:\.....\ideaMaker.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applicatiion's support team for more information.

This never happened with older versions of IdeaMaker! I installed the previous version again and there is no failiour. Then I installed the 3.1.6 again and I got the same problem.

Windows 10


Jetguy wrote:FWIW, I'm on Win7 64bit and saw the same crash with 3.1.6. The way it invoked was I think when I went to open a new STL to slice it, there may have been the connection window open to the printer hidden behind other screens. So it could have been 2 instances open. Either way, yes I have seen the crash, no, it's not OS dependent, does seem to be specific to 3.1.6.


Would you like to explain your operation steps one by one? So that we can try to reproduce the same error on our side to debug the root cause.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 07, 2018 10:17 am

xkrste wrote:Just updated, and all my templates are gone. What the ... ??


Would you like to double confirm that you have chosen the same printer type and filament type?

Jetguy
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby Jetguy » Mon May 07, 2018 11:20 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
Nobbi50 wrote:Release 3.1.6 crashes very often, when I try to load an uploaded file from the internal memory of the N2+.
following message: pops up:

Runtime Error!
Programm:C:\.....\ideaMaker.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applicatiion's support team for more information.

This never happened with older versions of IdeaMaker! I installed the previous version again and there is no failiour. Then I installed the 3.1.6 again and I got the same problem.

Windows 10


Jetguy wrote:FWIW, I'm on Win7 64bit and saw the same crash with 3.1.6. The way it invoked was I think when I went to open a new STL to slice it, there may have been the connection window open to the printer hidden behind other screens. So it could have been 2 instances open. Either way, yes I have seen the crash, no, it's not OS dependent, does seem to be specific to 3.1.6.


Would you like to explain your operation steps one by one? So that we can try to reproduce the same error on our side to debug the root cause.

Connect ideamaker to a raise 3d printer. Then using your operating system's file browsing window find a new stl file. double click on that stl and due to the auto association of the file type to ideamaker, this should auto open in ideamaker, except it opens a second instance of ideamaker while the first remains connected. This caused the crash. I cannot reproduce it today, but that was the exact sequence. It wasn't anything specific about the STL and it was a stupidly simple STL. No reason for it to really crash, but again, I saw the exact same crash.
Attachments
endstop_2020.stl
(19.03 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

jvingaard
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:01 am

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby jvingaard » Mon May 07, 2018 9:03 pm

After updating to version 3.1.6 and i want to upload an file or load a file from internal memory, the program freezes

ehays
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 pm

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby ehays » Mon May 07, 2018 10:35 pm

I am having the "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate" issue when I try to see the files that are in the local storage of the Raise3D N2 V2 Hot End. I am running version 3.1.6. on a Windows 7 vm. I had opened a folder that had multiple .stl files and I had highlighted all of them then I must have clicked on something because a bunch of Ideamakers started opening and I had to wait for 15 minutes till I could do anything and start closing the windows. After that, I restarted Ideamaker then connected to the printer and when I clicked on Local Storage there is a pop up with "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the Application's support team for more information. I then have to close Ideamaker and then open it back up but I still get the error. I have tried uninstalling the software then re-installing it but I still get the error and i can not print any files or see the progress of what is printing through my desktop.
Ideamaker error.JPG

User avatar
Korni
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 am

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby Korni » Tue May 08, 2018 8:53 am

Raise3D .... Errors, Fails, Problems and no test videos ...... I hope my pre-order of the Pro2 was not a mistake :-(
Last edited by Korni on Tue May 08, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro2+ Image

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 08, 2018 9:12 am

Jetguy wrote:
FWIW, I'm on Win7 64bit and saw the same crash with 3.1.6. The way it invoked was I think when I went to open a new STL to slice it, there may have been the connection window open to the printer hidden behind other screens. So it could have been 2 instances open. Either way, yes I have seen the crash, no, it's not OS dependent, does seem to be specific to 3.1.6.


ehays wrote:I am having the "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate" issue when I try to see the files that are in the local storage of the Raise3D N2 V2 Hot End. I am running version 3.1.6. on a Windows 7 vm. I had opened a folder that had multiple .stl files and I had highlighted all of them then I must have clicked on something because a bunch of Ideamakers started opening and I had to wait for 15 minutes till I could do anything and start closing the windows. After that, I restarted Ideamaker then connected to the printer and when I clicked on Local Storage there is a pop up with "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the Application's support team for more information. I then have to close Ideamaker and then open it back up but I still get the error. I have tried uninstalling the software then re-installing it but I still get the error and i can not print any files or see the progress of what is printing through my desktop.


jvingaard wrote:After updating to version 3.1.6 and i want to upload an file or load a file from internal memory, the program freezes


I'm so sorry but seems I cannot reproduce the problem on my side.
1.png
2.png
3.png

Would you like to package the files and folders under C:\Program Files\Raise3D\ideaMaker and configuration folder, compress and share with me?

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 am

duke666 wrote:probably already asked this question: will there be an application ideamaker for tablet phones? or even worth the wait? It would be very convenient on the road or remotely to make calculations, prepare models for printing, answer customer questions on the basis of calculations. otherwise you have to carry a laptop with you, which is very large and inconvenient. Not everyone can afford a compact apple netbook.


Once we got the full list of the Russian translation we will update them into ideaMaker.
Sorry for the delay of translation.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed May 09, 2018 9:56 am

Dear All,

We just finish debugging the crash issue.

If anyone would like to help do the beta test, please check the following links:
Windows: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ideamaker/win/ ... 7.1835.exe

Mac: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ideamaker/mac/ ... _3.1.7.dmg

Linux 64bit: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ideamaker/linu ... _amd64.deb

Linux 32bit: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ideamaker/linu ... u_i386.deb

xkrste
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.6 Release Notes

Postby xkrste » Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
xkrste wrote:Just updated, and all my templates are gone. What the ... ??


Would you like to double confirm that you have chosen the same printer type and filament type?

Yes, everything is the same. But the problem is solved somehow itself. Couldn't find the templates anywhere the first couple of days, only the default ones, but magically reappeared this week. Weird :?

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.7 Release Notes Updated 2018.5.11

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 am

Hi All,

We have just released the updated version of ideaMaker 3.1.7 with two bug fixes.
Please check the updates: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7797&p=29775#p29775.

3D MAKE
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.7 Release Notes Updated 2018.5.11

Postby 3D MAKE » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Hello,
I have a problem with this latest version 3.1.7, changing the infill of the model, it never changes the amount of filling, in the preview I always display the same result, be it at 10% or 80%.

User avatar
Vicky@Raise3D
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.7 Release Notes Updated 2018.5.11

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:42 am

3D MAKE wrote:Hello,
I have a problem with this latest version 3.1.7, changing the infill of the model, it never changes the amount of filling, in the preview I always display the same result, be it at 10% or 80%.


Have you put any settings in Pre-layer or Pre-group settings or Filament Settings for infill? Which may override your settings in printing templates.

3D MAKE
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: ideaMaker 3.1.7 Release Notes Updated 2018.5.11

Postby 3D MAKE » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 am

ok thanks, I solved it.


Return to “Software”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests