Velociraptor

Show off your prints, mods, etc.
robpauza

Velociraptor

Postby robpauza » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:44 am

Hi everyone,

Here's my latest Raise3D printed model. This was modeled in Lightwave, then taken into ZBrush for detailing. I printed it at 40" x 24" (1016mm x 610mm) on my N2 using eSun PLA+. Then I painted it with Vallejo paints.

I have a complete video of the build here if anyone is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFY26fs--5Q&t=5s

Thanks for looking!
-Rob

Korni

Re: Velociraptor

Postby Korni » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:57 am

Really great work and great video !!!!!!
Print OK, but the rework is for me handcrafted clumsy unfortunately nothing
Pro2+ Image

robpauza

Postby robpauza » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:56 pm

Korni wrote:Really great work and great video !!!!!!
Print OK, but the rework is for me handcrafted clumsy unfortunately nothing

Thanks! I appreciate it.

-Rob

Daws

Postby Daws » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:07 am

Amazing work!
CAD-NX Printer-Raise3D N2

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:41 am

Wow!

robpauza

Postby robpauza » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:59 am

Thanks guys!

DS2018

Postby DS2018 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:51 pm

holy moly amazing paint job too

harrelsontrumpets

Postby harrelsontrumpets » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:47 pm

That's amazing. I've had my Pro2 Plus for a month and have had zero successful prints. In fact, my printer will not even produce the first layer on a print even after nearly 40 attempts. I'm ready to sell it and move on. I wonder why your printer works so well and mine doesn't.

robpauza

Postby robpauza » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:34 am

DS2018 wrote:holy moly amazing paint job too

Thanks so much!

robpauza

Postby robpauza » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:13 am

harrelsontrumpets wrote:That's amazing. I've had my Pro2 Plus for a month and have had zero successful prints. In fact, my printer will not even produce the first layer on a print even after nearly 40 attempts. I'm ready to sell it and move on. I wonder why your printer works so well and mine doesn't.

Thank you! So sorry to hear about your printer. I'm certainly not a pro, but I'll give it a shot to try and help. (My Disclaimer: This is simply my advice based on my experience.) Well... not printing the first layer seems like maybe the nozzle/bed distance may be off... and/or possibly printing too fast. I'm not sure what material you are printing with, but I would recommend trying PLA if you're not already. It's about the easiest material to use I think.

First, check out your nozzle height, which on mine just basically means moving the set screw that trips the Z-height sensor when it moves to the "Z home" position. Not sure how the Pro2 works, but it's probably similar. You're shooting for about .25mm (.01 inches) between the nozzle and the build plate, which is roughly the thickness of a playing card. I'm not sure if that's the official Raise3D specs, but that's what I've been using and it works well for me.

The next thing I would recommend would be to slow down your first layer speed. (In Ideamaker, when you slice the object it's under Advanced/Layer/First Layer Settings) I always use 10mm/sec, which is slow... but getting a good, clean first layer is pretty crucial to having successful prints. I use 45mm/sec for my default printing speed. That's pretty slow honestly and I could probably crank that way up... but I get consistently good prints so I'm hesitant to change it. ;)

Apart from the above, I usually run PLA/PLA+ at 225C nozzle temp and with a 40C bed. If you're still having adhesion problems, there's several options to try, but I usually just put a thin layer of glue stick down on top of the BuildTak surface to help it stick. Side note: The glue stick cleans up extremely easily with water both on the bottom of your prints and on the BuildTak. It probably goes without saying, but I would also make sure your test print(s) are simple 3d objects to start with, preferably ones that do not require supports. When I bought my N2, they supplied me with a USB thumb drive with a few 3d test files.

I hope that helps. I'm not sure what else to tell you without knowing more details. If the above doesn't help, you should reach out to Raise3D tech support if you haven't already. The few times I've asked questions, they have been very quick to reply and extremely helpful.

Take care and best wishes getting that thing running.
-Rob

Return to “User's Gallery”