new user need infos and advices (used Raise3D N2 Dual)

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
MoggB

new user need infos and advices (used Raise3D N2 Dual)

Postby MoggB » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Hello all from France :)
(so, sorry about my english) :?

i can maybe buy an used Raise3D N2 Dual (not Pro) and i need some real infos about it. (for what i want to do)

1- for what i read the "old" N2 doesn't have the Retracting Nozzles. is it possible to make and update about that with a pro head later?

2- most important thing to me is the end of filament sensor. only the pro have it if i'm right? Is it possible to add this feature to the "old" N2 .

3- is there any users printing with 0.6 or 1mm nozzles? sometimes, i will not need outstanding quality but rather big parts in quite medium delays :geek: will the extruders and heat cartridge be ok to feed this?

4- bonus. do you think it will be possible to adapt a mixing filament head (2 colors). it would be great for me because i'm asked many times to match a pantone or a ral color. i could be more precise and wide in the target color with mixing 2 colors for example (it was my previous job in large size ink printing)

just to tchat a bit, i'm trying to start 3D printing in an industry which should use it imho (big adds). It's just that i'm quite starting this myself :( i tought i could "try" myself to show them. Starting with a cheaper used Raise3D to go on a pro 2 + next ?

about a year ago we tried with a Bigrep studio but we found it to big and to slow to really be productive. i'm trying to push the alternative idea of cheaper many printers than only big one. what you think if i may ask ? :)

anyway thanks for reading and/or answering.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: new user need infos and advices (used Raise3D N2 Dual)

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:56 pm

Nozzle lifting feature is currently only designed for Pro2 series printer. Due to different design of print head, it is not possible to put the nozzle lifting system onto an N series printer.

Filament run-out sensor is available for N series printer, you can find more information from here: https://www.raise3d.eu/products/filament-sensor

For N series printer, the largest nozzle we are currently selling is with 0.8mm. But I have seen some success with 3rd party large size nozzle prints before.

For different color print, you can search Mosaic Palette.

From my personal thoughts, N series printer is a good choice but also is a product developed 3 years ago. Pro2 series does have some new features and issue solved compared with N series and more user-friendly.

MoggB

Postby MoggB » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:27 pm

thanks for your answers.
sadly the seller retracts :cry:
almost half priced N2 was a let's go right now to me.. i think i will need more time to get the money for a brand new pro2 :oops:
but better! :mrgreen:

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Or you can browse the forum and social media for the comments of our printers, see whether the new feature on Pro2 does value your work or whether you are ok with the known issues with N series.

Return to “General”