Pro2 Extruder Gear Slipping

acoe02

Pro2 Extruder Gear Slipping

Postby acoe02 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:08 pm

Hello all,

We just received our new Raise3D Pro2. We completed the test print spinner and everything functioned fine. We then uploaded a file of one of our products and attempted to print. The left nozzle printed the bed just fine and I returned 30 minutes later to find the machine felt it was printing, but was just dragging around a blob of extruded material. After cancelling the print, clearing the nozzle and a little inspection, I found that the extruder gear on the right side was slipping and would stop for significant amounts of time while trying to load the filament again. I can see the larger, white, plastic gear in the back spinning, but the metal gear does not move.

Has anyone encountered this situation before? Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks!

Ken85

Re: Pro2 Extruder Gear Slipping

Postby Ken85 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:06 am

Hi,
i have an ongoing extruder problem since i brought my pro2.
At first thought it was just a nozzle block/throat block, but last night i noticed the driven extruder gear could freely spin (this should not happen). it seems the gear/grub screw was not installed correctly or had come lose. i took off the motor, realigned and tightened the grub screw.
Currently i am doing a test print that will finish tonight, but so far that looks to have solved the issue.

Hope that helps

acoe02

Re: Pro2 Extruder Gear Slipping

Postby acoe02 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:39 pm

I worked through it with Support. The extruder gear has a set screw that tightens down onto a flat of the shaft that comes from the large, plastic gear. I took the head apart, aligned the hole in the extruder gear with the flat and tightened the set screw down. If it happens again, I'll explore some blue Loctite, but I just completed another print and it worked just fine.

Return to “Pro2 Series”