Issue with Resume Print after power failure

Please post your suggestions for software changes here
KS_Husker

Issue with Resume Print after power failure

Postby KS_Husker » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:21 am

Well, I had a chance to try out this cool resume print feature because we had a storm last night and lost power when I was in the middle of a print on my Pro2.

I checked on it this morning to see it had stopped mid print, so I touched the resume print button on the screen only to have all kinds of racket and noise come from the printer!! YIKES. :o I had to hurry and shut it off so I wouldn't damage anything.

I noticed that the nozzle that was printing had continued to ooze some material after it lost power and had encapsulated the tip of the extruder a little. It acted like a glue and wouldn't let the head move when it tried to resume printing. All I could do was cancel the print, and then go and heat the nozzle so I could move the head. And start all over again on the print. Completely wasting the print resume functionality.

I think there is an easy fix here, and I'm not sure why it hasn't been done yet.

When someone chooses to resume a print, the first thing the printer should do is heat the nozzles, maybe both, but for sure the last one that was printing. Then the machine can easily move without tearing up anything or ripping your print from the table!!

Please make sure this is incorporated in the next update. It seems so simple, I can't believe it hasn't been already done.

Thank You

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Issue with Resume Print after power failure

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:14 pm

There should have an option in the latest version of RaiseTouch which is called preheat before after print recovery under More Settings -> Advanced Setting. Which may can help you nozzle sticking issue.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Oh, OK. Thank you. Wouldn't you just was this as a default and normally set to on?

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Buy 1000W UPS with battery also. It works perfectly for me. I can print even without power.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:39 pm

That's a cool idea. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:55 am

As the temperature values set here may be different among filament types, we'd recommend to set one works well for the filament you are currently running on printer.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:38 pm

I found this setting in the software and have it adjusted now. Thank you.

Return to “Software”