Other brand materials setting

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
Shelton

Other brand materials setting

Postby Shelton » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Raise 3D what about other brands filaments? For example, Prusa tests it and places it in their software. What about you? I just want to see with Idea Maker some new settings for other brand materials. Could you do it for us? Customers?

This is not the bad idea, isn't it?! And you fill lucky if you buy new expensive Rolls-Royce and they give you cap with logo ;)

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Other brand materials setting

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:30 pm

We have an open filament program with different filament manufacturers.
You can get more information from here: https://www.raise3d.com/pages/the-open-filament-program.
We will keep on extending the list.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:13 am

Good Idea, anyway filaments setting should be updated automatically from Idea Maker.

JamesW

Postby JamesW » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:17 pm

I have used Polymaker because it was on the list. I have had pretty good results with the PolyMax. Not so much with the PolySupport but I will keep trying.

There are only 3 profiles on the page you sited for PRO2. I know there are plans to add more but *when* will more be added?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:17 am

We still have a lot filament under testing and validation.
And we also are keeping on contact with a lot filament manufactories.
We can't give out a very clear schedule, as the filament validation real takes time and efforts.

KS_Husker

Postby KS_Husker » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:00 pm

I agree, I posted something similar the other day on this in another area.
In my printer research I cam across Fusion3's list of materials and their settings in a pdf. It was a HUGE list of different types of filaments as well as different brands. They had the settings in the list also. Raise3d has 6 in their list. Common guys!!

I know it's a lot of work, but it needs to be done quickly so you don't loose business to customers who want a plug and play machine without having to tweak and figure out these settings on their own each time they get a new filament.

Now you need to do one better, and get a large list of materials and different brands in a drop down in Ideamaker. That would be amazing.

Here's a screen capture of a small portion of their list...
Attachments
Filaments.png

Return to “Printing Settings”