Just tell me what will work

Share your successful printing settings with others here. If you have any question about the parameters or printing skills of some filament, please find here.
treyco

Just tell me what will work

Postby treyco » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 pm

I’ve had my Pro 2 for a month now and can get perfectly fine PLA prints from the left nozzle. However, I bought this printer because I needed soluable supports. I’ve tried everything I’ve been able to scrape from the forums and can’t get a single good print. I’ve used different brands of PLA and they all seem to work well. I’ve used a couple of different PVA brands and neither will print anything that sticks to the surface or to the PLA. I’ve tried BVOH with pretty much the same results. I’ve dried my materials and I’ve tried different build surfaces. Can someone please tell me one reliable combination of materials, temps, speeds, build surface, etc... that will actually work with this printer?

treyco

Re: Just tell me what will work

Postby treyco » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:08 am

Anyone? Vickie??

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:46 am

Whether currently you are only facing with sticking issue or some other issues too?
If only sticking, please take a look of the following thread which is some testing record we did for PVA on N series printer:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=960&p=9040

Please enable Dense Layer and decrease the Vertical Offset of support to be 0. Those two will help a lot to sticking.

treyco

Postby treyco » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks Vicky. The biggest of the problems is the PVA sticking to the build plate. In the link you sent me, you used the glass side of the plate on the N2. I have a Pro 2 and so I don’t have a glass plate to try.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20 am

You can apply glue on build surface as well. And clean the glue after with water and clean cloth.

treyco

Postby treyco » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:11 pm

None of this is working. It seems like whatever I put in the right nozzle (pla, or pva) seems to curl around the nozzle instead of coming out in a nice straight stream. I've opened a brand new box of Raise3d premium pla so that I know it doesn't have any moisture and it still does this on the right nozzle. So it's not just the pva.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:47 pm

The second nozzle is right leveled?

firesped

Postby firesped » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:58 pm

PVA requires very slow print speed, it also starts going bad as soon as you open it I have been told. As an alternative, you could try PVB. It is called Polysmooth and is sold by Polymaker. It is soluble in Isopropyl alcohol.

I'm about to pull the second extruder off my N2 cause dual extrusion cause of the issues it has with leveling 2 print heads.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:48 am

The right side nozzle even cannot extruder new PLA out properly?

treyco

Postby treyco » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:51 pm

That’s correct Vicky. Could I have a bad extruder on the right side?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:16 pm

Have you ever loaded any high temperature filament on right side before?
Have you ever hit the right nozzle tip before?
Try unclog the right side. If doesn't help, please submit a support ticket at https://help.raise3d.com/helpdesk.

treyco

Postby treyco » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:11 pm

Could you send me the IdeaMaker slice template for the giveaway spinner dual file that comes with the Pro 2? I am having some success printing that sample file and I want to try using the same slice profile on one of my files to see if it will work.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:32 pm

Do you mean the .gcode file inside USB drive? If so, normally it comes together with a .data file, which can be imported directly into ideaMaker to create a slicing template.

treyco

Postby treyco » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:12 am

Thanks. I got the template and have been playing with it. I am trying to make the raft out of PVA using the right extruder. I've attached a pic of what the results are that I'm getting. It's very loose and stringy. Any ideas?
Attachments
raft.jpg

Korni

Postby Korni » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:56 am

With the Pro2 it is as good as IMpossible to print PVA & BVOH .... see http://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10781
Pro2+ Image

akiraxx

Postby akiraxx » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:04 am

It is possible to print BVOH on an raise3d pro2 . See the photo.

PLA on 205 °C / BVOH on 200 °C, Bed on 60°C.

I have printed much more with bvoh, it just has to be very dry, the bedlevelling has to be perfect, I print without raft, only with brim, buildtak pretreated with 3d lack.
Attachments
DSC_0341.JPG

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:01 pm

treyco wrote:Thanks. I got the template and have been playing with it. I am trying to make the raft out of PVA using the right extruder. I've attached a pic of what the results are that I'm getting. It's very loose and stringy. Any ideas?

Looks like the distance between nozzle and build surface is too far.
And, normally for PVA print, we usually disable the Raft but use glue to add adhesion.

Korni

Postby Korni » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:30 pm

akiraxx wrote:It is possible to print BVOH on an raise3d pro2 . See the photo.

PLA on 205 °C / BVOH on 200 °C, Bed on 60°C.

I have printed much more with bvoh, it just has to be very dry, the bedlevelling has to be perfect, I print without raft, only with brim, buildtak pretreated with 3d lack.

Then tell us your exact print settings, please ... but please everyone ;-)
Pro2+ Image

treyco

Postby treyco » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
treyco wrote:Thanks. I got the template and have been playing with it. I am trying to make the raft out of PVA using the right extruder. I've attached a pic of what the results are that I'm getting. It's very loose and stringy. Any ideas?

And, normally for PVA print, we usually disable the Raft but use glue to add adhesion.

How do I change the distance between nozzle and build surface? My printer came with absolutely no instructions.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:25 pm

treyco wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

How do I change the distance between nozzle and build surface? My printer came with absolutely no instructions.

You can go through the following video to understand how to check the nozzle distance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPNr4GzwX9o

Return to “Printing Settings”