Struder feeder gets blocked

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
CV-Gate

Struder feeder gets blocked

Postby CV-Gate » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and almost new to 3d printing. I own a Raise3D N2 Plus that has been working flawlessly for some time. The other day, the extruder feeder was blocked and I found the printer just printing in the air. This has been happening once in a while since then but right now, it gets blocked every time. I can't print the first layer even. When this happens I can hear a sound like "clack-clack..." and have to unscrew the acrylic cover remove the squished filament from the gear and load it again.
The nozzle is not clogged, I use the same filaments and settings than before, even I can print using the right extruder without a problem. I think that the feeder gear can be damaged or have remains of material stuck between the strips. I managed to remove it, unscrewed the small screw on the side but it doesn't come out easily and I'm afraid of breaking something. Do you know how this gear can be removed? Do you know about this issue and how to solve it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Struder feeder gets blocked

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:00 am

You need to remove the extruder motor, then the gear will come off together with the motor.

CV-Gate

Postby CV-Gate » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Thanks Vicky.

Prop-Fiction

Postby Prop-Fiction » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:38 am

Hello, Try the following changes in Idea Maker:
To the changes:
in the profile when slicing, settings I have changed the following.
Advanced settings:
extruder;
Minimal Travel of Retraction. set to 4mm.
and
ooze:
Avoid Retraction Inside Model
Hacking must be in there.
Now you should not have any problems unless the pressure clogs the Troate Tube. But I also have a solution for that.
Let me know if it has achieved anything.
Es gibt kein das „geht nicht“, immer nur eine Frage des Geldes oder der Zeit.

Schlaf wird überbewertet.

My Costume website
http://www.prop-fiction.de

CV-Gate

Postby CV-Gate » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:20 am

Thanks a lot, Prop-Fiction. I couldn't test it too much yet but it seems to be working excepting for TPU (Flexismart). It's impossible for me to load and extrude more than 5 cm of filament until the gear loses grip and gets blocked. Did you any time succeed using flexible filaments?

CV-Gate

Postby CV-Gate » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:59 am

Another question, I'm thinking about upgrading the extruder to the Bondtech one. Is it worth?

Alex M.

Postby Alex M. » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:52 pm

CV-Gate wrote:Another question, I'm thinking about upgrading the extruder to the Bondtech one. Is it worth?

I really think it's a no-brainer. The Bondtech upgrade is $220 for dual or $110 for single so ~5% of the cost of the printer. It's what Raise3D went with on the Pro2 series and there have been nothing but good comments about it. The picture that really made me go WOW was: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1709&start=160#p26036

CV-Gate

Postby CV-Gate » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi again, I pre-ordered the Bondtech extruder, I'll have it in a couple of weeks hopefully. Meanwhile, I'd like to nail down the issue a little more as I wouldn't like to inherit the problem if the extruder is not the real cause.
This is my first printer and I'm not sure if this is an issue but I think that the whole extruder block gets really hot and it's causing to melt the plastic before getting the hot-end. With hot I mean hot like I almost can't touch it if the printer has been working for more than one hour. I don't have any tool to check it but I'd say that it gets above 80º C.
Do you think that this is normal? Any idea?

Thanks!

GQQSER

Postby GQQSER » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Did you ever get a reply to this? I am having the exact same problem without the heat. I turned my extruder motor voltage down to .8 from .89 but i am still having the same problem

GQQSER

Postby GQQSER » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Did you ever get a reply to this? I am having the exact same problem without the heat. I turned my extruder motor voltage down to .8 from .89 but i am still having the same problem

CV-Gate

Postby CV-Gate » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:32 pm

No, unfortunately, I'm still having the issue.

Rogman

Postby Rogman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:05 pm

CV-Gate, have you replaced the nozzle? if it was printing fine for sometime and now all of a sudden it jams all the time, it is most likely a damaged nozzle. the stepper motors always tend to run hot. there are some heat sinks you can buy and attach but i never have. i have the Bondtech extruder set-up and i love it. I have printed multiple rolls of makerflex with little to no problems. i hope all goes well and you are back up and printing soon.

CV-Gate

Postby CV-Gate » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:00 am

Hi Rogman, yes, I have an Olsson Ruby nozzle installed. Still waiting for the Bondtech here, though. It's taking very long... Thanks for your answer.

Return to “General”