Pro buildplate

Topics around mechanical design, controller and electronics. Mods & hacks welcome.
mark_3d

Pro buildplate

Postby mark_3d » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:07 pm

What Is the pro build plate made of? Has it a glass? There is a guide to install the pro plate on the non pro series?

Jetguy

Re: Pro buildplate

Postby Jetguy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:58 pm

No, there is no guide to install to N series because it's not listed as a compatible upgrade. We asked for it and Raise 3D refuses to sell it and all required components as an upgrade package. As such, there is not yet a DIY tutorial because to my knowledge, they only just even listed that part for sale for Pro2 series owners and it's again, nothing more than the plate, not the entire heated bed system you need to do this properly.

mark_3d

Postby mark_3d » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:47 pm

Jetguy wrote:No, there is no guide to install to N series because it's not listed as a compatible upgrade. We asked for it and Raise 3D refuses to sell it and all required components as an upgrade package. As such, there is not yet a DIY tutorial because to my knowledge, they only just even listed that part for sale for Pro2 series owners and it's again, nothing more than the plate, not the entire heated bed system you need to do this properly.

But Raise3D answer to a post asking for the installation of the pro plate on the N series:

Confirmed with the R&D team, both two upgrades you asked needs to drill the base plate to carry out the installation.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:38 am

mark_3d wrote:But Raise3D answer to a post asking for the installation of the pro plate on the N series:

Confirmed with the R&D team, both two upgrades you asked needs to drill the base plate to carry out the installation.

That is the reason why we are not going to provide those parts for the upgrade, or the users need to do a lot modification works to make the upgrade works which may do harm to the printer.

FreedomRules

Postby FreedomRules » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:43 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
mark_3d wrote:But Raise3D answer to a post asking for the installation of the pro plate on the N series:

That is the reason why we are not going to provide those parts for the upgrade, or the users need to do a lot modification works to make the upgrade works which may do harm to the printer.

What happens if a user harms the printer? I'd assume you'd get a sale of a new PRO2 or the user would get a new bed that hopefully is better than what came with our printers.

FreedomRules

Postby FreedomRules » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:53 am

Would anyone be interested in a kit version of Socke's new bed he built.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1590

I'm still compiling all the pieces I need to build my own. Right now I'm getting bids on the 8mm thick aluminum bed. Not sure what the price point would come in at. May be pricier than most would want to spend. I may be able to source cheaper versions of all the parts I'm getting. My thoughts were to also design and print some drilling templates for the holes that would need drilled into the assembly under the build plate. That way it would be more precise. I'm going with a 120v version of the bed heater from KEENOVO.

Maybe once i get it built i'll give a review and could provide a source list of all the parts and give you the number or email for the machinist. if enough people wanted to do the upgrade we could prepay either me or the machinist to get the cost lowered on the build plates.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:03 pm

FreedomRules wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

What happens if a user harms the printer? I'd assume you'd get a sale of a new PRO2 or the user would get a new bed that hopefully is better than what came with our printers.

If the user do self modification, the original warranty of the printer might be voided. Which means if user damages the printer, they need to pay for the spare parts to repair the printer.

FreedomRules

Postby FreedomRules » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:
FreedomRules wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:

If the user do self modification, the original warranty of the printer might be voided. Which means if user damages the printer, they need to pay for the spare parts to repair the printer.

Still not seeing an issue with that as I'd assume the majority of all users are probably outside the warranty window. That or offer users outside the warranty window to buy parts off the Pro2 if they so choose.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:22 pm

I'm sorry, the parts required for this type of modification is not currently available from Raise3D.
Users who make this type of modification will void their warranty.
Users outside of warranty or do not care are welcome to do so, but the parts are not available from Raise3D.

jean-claude

Postby jean-claude » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:41 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:the parts are not available from Raise3D.

It does not matter... for those who have not bought a Raise3D !

DrExcess

Postby DrExcess » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:36 am

What they are saying is that if they were to sell the parts to upgrade the N2 to a Pro they would not sell any Pros.

What they are missing is that they aren't selling anyway, and that if they provided users with upgrade options (like Ultimaker did for the UM2 series) they'd sell a bunch of kits and maybe keep their head above water.

Return to “Hardware”