Camera again...

Shelton

Camera again...

Postby Shelton » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:12 pm

We know everything about low res cam... but I have an idea how to improve picture quality. Raise should add to camera settings add a possibility of adjustment: bright, contrast and exposure. It should improve overexposure - probably by bright LEDs picture.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Camera again...

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 pm

Thanks for your suggestion.
We will check whether our camera supports to open these features.

DavidBarwin

Postby DavidBarwin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:19 pm

Why exactly can we enable timelapse yet do nothing to access and play this back? Is the camera functionality still in development? Is there a timeline and anticipated functionality list available?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:35 am

You can play the timelapse on touchscreen currently.
We are developing some remote control functions currently. I don't have a clear schedule and list on hand. But if you have any idea about the function or feature you are willing to get, please let us know. We will check whether we can bring your idea into reality.

DavidBarwin

Postby DavidBarwin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:36 pm

How do I play the time-lapse video on the touchscreen currently? I'm not seeing how to do this nor do I see where a list of time-lapse movies that have been recorded are available. Where's the documentation on how to use the camera appropriatley? Even a very simple pdf on how to record, how to playback, how to move a video off of the printer to your computer would be a great start!

Functions I'd like to see with the camera:
1. Easily record and play back time-lapse movies on not only the touchscreen but any computer running ideaMaker.
2. Ability to email the time-lapse movies
3. Ability to access the camera via an iPhone app remotely to check on print progress.
4. Access to standard compression settings for the video

Kind Regards,

-David Barwin

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:42 pm

Plus you can control your printer and camera online by internet.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:56 pm

Currently you can only see the time-lapse on touchscreen, after enabling the functions. But it cannot be exported out temporarily.
The time-lapse records are inside dashboard. Which mean one successful print is recorded with one time-lapse which you can check on touchscreen.

DavidBarwin

Postby DavidBarwin » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:46 pm

How? Step by step please. I haven't a clue on how to record a time-lapse from the camera and then access it for playback.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Menu print dashboard section

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:00 am

DavidBarwin wrote:How? Step by step please. I haven't a clue on how to record a time-lapse from the camera and then access it for playback.

I do not have a Pro2 series, only N series, and thus I cannot get to the timelapse menu to enable it to take a picture of the menu where that setting is. That said, I can show you where and how to view a timelapse provided you enabled timelapse and then completed a print that is captured in your print dashboard.

Again, note, under the current Raise Touch version 0.9.11, this is not able to view remotely.
First, go to the "Print" tab on the LCD menu to bring up that page.
Print menu.jpg

Then, you will select "Dashboard" to see the print log data (and timelapse if it was enabled).
Select Dashboard.jpg

Important- this is an example of the remote connection view of the latest 0.9.11 Raise touch version showing that no timelapse is currently visible remotely. This and many other screens are slightly different or not enabled via remote connection VS how it looks and works at the
Dashboard print example.jpg

Here is an example I have of what the Dashboard looked like on the N series during a beta camera test I was involved with back in 2017.
I think this is what you should see if tmelapse was enabled, but key is, this is at the printer LCD only.
Timelapse on Printer.JPG

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Follow on to asking for instructions on how to enable time-lapse. The N series upgrade to add camera uses the exact same camera as the Pro2 and the only difference is the USB cable, and that's because the new Pro2 doesn't use USB traditional connector at the pcDuino board inside the LCD housing. They both use the same raise touch version of software application running on that computer and so the software functionality is identical for this regard the camera functionality between Pro2 and N series. The first half of that document is hardware install, but the second half is screenshots of the camera settings and playback menus. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1069/ ... 1718453912

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:44 pm

As shown in Jetguy's pictures, you can find the time-lapse records inside dashboard which is a button under Print tab.

Please note, the records will be only saved when the print is completely finished and camera has been enabled before this print starts.

DavidBarwin

Postby DavidBarwin » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:18 pm

Thank-you Jetguy! I had over 100 videos just waiting for me. ;-). Now if the resolution was only better. lol. -db

Return to “Pro2 Series”